• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I can confirm what jrodga2k5 said, just plugging and go in my ancient case with pretty meh thermals and I really can't hear it at all over games, and I'm using open-back headphones which don't block anything out.

Soldato
Thanks for this, I am on the fence with getting this card and Apex Legends and PUBG are my most played games.
It's time for you to hope off the fence :p

I can confirm what jrodga2k5 said, just plugging and go in my ancient case with pretty meh thermals and I really can't hear it at all over games, and I'm using open-back headphones which don't block anything out.

Yeah, blower style is "literally" blown out of portion as far as noise is concern.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I was after the unlocking power play and smashing them to 2.2GHZ.

2Ghz is snooze fest

giphy.gif

Associate

I've just been playing Forza Horizons at 1440p extreme. Undervolted to 995mv & the clock slider at 1876. Yes temps were high 70's but the fan was running at approx 1500rpm...:p its virtually silent. In game clocks at or above amd's advertised game clocks & power usage sitting at around 125w. Honestly the efficiency of these things is amazing when tweaked.

Soldato
Thanks for this, I am on the fence with getting this card and Apex Legends and PUBG are my most played games.

No problem mate. It's one of these things, when benchmarks are happening people have the Frame Rate unlocked naturally so the cards are working a lot harder. For me I want to minimize tearing and still push a decent frame rate. 100hz on both is entirely possible without deafening yourself :p

I've swapped out the 120mm fans that were above my 5700xt to 140mm fans now and I've seen the temps in general drop around 5-8 degrees. Nice to have that kind of flexibility with my case I suppose :) Definitely don't regret the downgrade I've done, it is fitting the bill quite nicely with my needs (considering I've come down from using a 2080ti for around 3 weeks or so).

Soldato
No problem mate. It's one of these things, when benchmarks are happening people have the Frame Rate unlocked naturally so the cards are working a lot harder. For me I want to minimize tearing and still push a decent frame rate. 100hz on both is entirely possible without deafening yourself :p

I've swapped out the 120mm fans that were above my 5700xt to 140mm fans now and I've seen the temps in general drop around 5-8 degrees. Nice to have that kind of flexibility with my case I suppose :) Definitely don't regret the downgrade I've done, it is fitting the bill quite nicely with my needs (considering I've come down from using a 2080ti for around 3 weeks or so).

With all these ghetto mods, the only thing missing is the pencil to connect the voltage regulators, like we did on the ATI 9000 series :D

Soldato
And enable disabled pipelines :D
With all these ghetto mods, the only thing missing is the pencil to connect the voltage regulators, like we did on the ATI 9000 series :D

What you're both saying is...the good old days :p

Also the change of fan size above the card has it idling at 43c in this awful awful heat, it was approx 50-52c idling before :eek:

Back
Top Bottom