• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Permabanned
Intel’s 10th Gen ‘Comet Lake’ Desktop CPU Lineup Allegedly Leaks Out – Core i9-10900KF Flagship With 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 5.2 GHz Boost at $499 US, 8 Cores Start at $339 US, 6 Cores at $179 US

https://wccftech.com/intel-10th-gen-comet-lake-desktop-cpu-lineup-leak-lga-1159-socket-rumor/

mWQOqnj.jpg

Comet Lake probably will launch in the next few months or sometime in Q4 2019.

Will be very interesting to read Comet Lake CPUs reviews. Very glad I didnt bought 9900K.

9900K will probably have a huge price cut when Comet Lake launch with $499 i9 -10900KF 10C/20T to the bottom $129 Core i3 10100 4C/8T.

Core i3 will finally have hyper-threading!

Intel will still the gaming king!

Intel "Comet Lake" Not Before 2020, "Ice Lake-S" Not Before Q3-2020, Roadmap Suggests

Next day techpowerup got another leak but it was quite different from before.

VS0qdvr.jpg

yLyZaJG.jpg

r0F75jh.jpg

Back in May it been thought LGA 1200 is for server CPUs after 400 series chipset driver leaked so now look like Comet Lake consumer CPUs will use socket LGA1200, not LGA1159.

Launch before the end of the year? Around Christmas?

2rxxwl4.jpg

Permabanned
Sorry, Santa missed the sleigh. See post #110. But i read all this is a dream.

I look at the slide and the point corresponds to sometime December 2019:

I will take the i9-10800F, 65W 10-core for ~$400. If AMD doesn't fix its lineup and offer a corresponding 65W 12-core for $339.

Soldato
Yes Intel does have a 10 core cpu coming, but those slides are fake - no one knows the specs or price, the only thing that is known is it's a 10 core desktop i9 cpu

Permabanned
Why is 4K8KW10 still hyping this nonsense when everyone has said it's fake?

You can't say whether it's fake or not because you don't know.
There will be a much needed product lineup update from intel and we need to know more details in order to plan our upgrades.

This intel hate is ridiculous.

Permabanned
I've no Intel hate, I use one.
It's just your hilarious bias, misinformation and general nonsense that I'm against.

In this case, you are wrong. I have only one bias and it is extremely pro-consumer oriented focus.
I am against intel and AMD who obviously don't understand the market situation and requirements and continue to offer crappy products for the masses, which give the masses nothing but stutter.

Associate
You can't say whether it's fake or not because you don't know.
There will be a much needed product lineup update from intel and we need to know more details in order to plan our upgrades.

It is not ridiculous - it is JUSTIFIED.

Soldato

So you think people complaining about your behavior is Intel hate?

You're spamming your obsessively specific outrage that AMD hasn't made a processor to match your whims all over the place and it's not funny or informative, it's downright weird.

I'll bet you haven't even attempted to contact an actual AMD rep in a proper manner to pass on your educated opinion on their lineup. The OCUK forum is not such a channel.

TrM

TrM

Associate
I look at the slide and the point corresponds to sometime December 2019:

I will take the i9-10800F, 65W 10-core for ~$400. If AMD doesn't fix its lineup and offer a corresponding 65W 12-core for $339.

In this case, you are wrong. I have only one bias and it is extremely pro-consumer oriented focus.
I am against intel and AMD who obviously don't understand the market situation and requirements and continue to offer crappy products for the masses, which give the masses nothing but stutter.

just taking this 2 posts from yourself you say you are customer oriened but yet most of your posts really do say you are biosed toward intel and not jut a little by a lot

intel new cpu's are coming and whilst the leak was fake i do belive they will bring out a 10 core cpu but lets look at 9th gen for pricing here shall we? 8700k was priced nearly the same as i7 7700k intel matched amd 2700x core count and put the price up by 150 pounnds over it Yes the cpu was faster all round but did they ned to charge so much for it ? The i7 wlost ht and sold at same price as before really and i5 didnt change at all.

now you say that intel will bring out a 10 c ore part at a lot less then current i9 cpu is and 65w to boot come on man without moving to a new nm node adding more cores to there age old cpu will just add tdp, heat etc!

and you say amd need a 65w cpu for 400 to compete No they dont amd are a lot more forgiving on price if intel 10 core cpu beats the r9 they will drop the price and i very much doubt a 10 core cpu from intel will cost less then 550 pounds becouse i imagine intel 10 core will beat a 12 c core amd and sit between 3900x and 3950x

does matter which way we look at it intel will bring out some amazing cpu's in there next realsxsse and i bet it they will beat amd across the board. i expect gaming productivity and clockspeed to beat amd The one thing i dont expect is intel to come in weith prices under amd I5 i& and i9 will all be more expensive then r5 r7 and r9

you may think you your are pro consumer but your infect pro intel consumer !

Back
Top Bottom