• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I'm still struggling getting a decent junction temperature with the Morpheus

The pad I bought wasn't what I thought it was either.

I did a quick run because I was concerned and it came in about 77C where previously it was much higher so I've improved it.

Going to try another remount slightly differently this time to see if I can improve it.

Once I've sorted this though I can actually bench the damn thing

Have you used the X bracket came with the card, with the screws from the Morpheus, plus springs?

Caporegime
There's a similar thermal pad (although im not sure if it is as good) as the one used on the Radeon VII available on the rain forest. Not sure if OcuK sell it as well, but might be worth getting that one and cutting it down a little to fit the die.

Which one? I bought the LLC one thinking it was adhesive and it's not. Makes fitting a pain.

Caporegime
Have you used the X bracket came with the card, with the screws from the Morpheus, plus springs?

Oh no I didn't use the X plate I used the Morpheus plate.
I did consider using the X plate.

Would that be better?
I'm thinking as well that the spacers as well as working against me creating a potential height issue for the GPU too.

I'll use that when I get home and hopefully it'll be better

Soldato
I don't know if the issue I'm having are down to inexperience with it.

I was running out of time too. For all I know I've fixed my issue but didn't leave it running enough. But I know I can get a better mounting pressure which will help with the hot spot temperature.

For just the core temperature I'm golden. I was at 69C with it maxed out in watt man overclock.
I recall watching a video of GamerNexus, and he which he suggested a small mod for people that are not changing the stock cooler by putting 4 small soft washer for the screws on the x bracket to improve the mounting pressure, and with his testing there was noticeable thermal improvement, due to the die was not making the most ideal contact with the cooler. He did warn to be careful not to over-tighten the 4 screws after adding the washers, as it might risk damaging the PCB (I think?) if gone overboard with the screw.

Caporegime
I recall watching a video of GamerNexus, and he which he suggested a small mod for people that are not changing the stock cooler by putting 4 small soft washer for the screws on the x bracket to improve the mounting pressure, and with his testing there was noticeable thermal improvement, due to the die was not making the most ideal contact with the cooler. He did warn to be careful not to over-tighten the 4 screws after adding the washers, as it might risk damaging the PCB (I think?) if gone overboard with the screw.

Yeah I saw that video too
Although I'm running different cooler. I may attempt to try that with the Morpheus thoufh

Caporegime
Its basically a sheet of paper lol.
It's fine for CPU but with a GPU that gets screwed from the other side it's hard.

Hopefully I'll have it all sorted by about 5 though when I spend some more time on it
Yeah it's like you need a tiny dot of adhesive or something in the middle to hold it in place when you sercure everything back together. I had the same problem when i attempted to replace the thermal pad on my first Radeon VII. Ended up regretting even attempting it.

Caporegime

yeah watched that video myself yesterday. cards in normal daily use going up to 115c after mod he got it down a bit but 100c operation in just normal use is not on tbh. hopefully the custom cooled cards make a nice difference. it seems they can have great potential if the cooling can be sorted out.

Man of Honour
OP

image uploader

I have no reason to lie. 3dmark is down atm otherwise I'd share my scores.
My entry to the Owners club

kgoKzI3.jpg

Just waiting on posty now for some bits n bobs to cut the graphics card out the waterloop :(
So no real testing on the new card till my EK delivery on the 2nd of next month :( Then we can see what it really can do! :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 19/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, BOFH, Link
Date 18/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, gavinh87, Link
Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Soldato
right guys. @LtMatt i got everything working ok in the end last night.

There does however appear to be a slight bug with Wattman in that if you use PowerPlay tweaks any change to the Mem clock from default will result in a crash. Will await a fix.

Afterburner says the card draws up to a 308W spike in GT2 on 3dMARK Firestrike Ultra but for the most part it is either sub-200 or around 225W at 1.25MV.

Boot clocks are approx 2125-2175 ish at 65C.

Wattman allows up to 1.35mv of voltage, I have not tried it. Who wants to be the guinea pig or do i need to take one for the team ?

Soldato
Does anyone have access to the EK Fluid Gaming Pascal or Turing waterblocks and a 5700/XT to test if they fit? (the Aluminium series).
Apparently they might fit on the 5700s but having an issue with the height of some components

Caporegime
right guys. @LtMatt i got everything working ok in the end last night.

There does however appear to be a slight bug with Wattman in that if you use PowerPlay tweaks any change to the Mem clock from default will result in a crash. Will await a fix.

Afterburner says the card draws up to a 308W spike in GT2 on 3dMARK Firestrike Ultra but for the most part it is either sub-200 or around 225W at 1.25MV.

Boot clocks are approx 2125-2175 ish at 65C.

Wattman allows up to 1.35mv of voltage, I have not tried it. Who wants to be the guinea pig or do i need to take one for the team ?

Think you might be waiting a while for a 'fix' Besty cosndering you are using unsupported third party moficiations. :)

Soldato
Think you might be waiting a while for a 'fix' Besty cosndering you are using unsupported third party moficiations. :)

hah indeed.

i have to say and i will probably repeat myself a few times on this, the whole AMD GPU setting and software suite is amazing and it feels like really well done and nicely integrated together.

i think people who have not used an AMD product for some time will be really surprised at the quality of the software it’s almost as if the team started afresh with a blank sheet of paper.

Caporegime
hah indeed.

i have to say and i will probably repeat myself a few times on this, the whole AMD GPU setting and software suite is amazing and it feels like really well done and nicely integrated together.

i think people who have not used an AMD product for some time will be really surprised at the quality of the software it’s almost as if the team started afresh with a blank sheet of paper.
Yes WattMan makes tuning AMD GPUs a lot of fun imo.

Back
Top Bottom