Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
It's nice that Porsche seem to be the only manufacturer actually trying, but honestly twice the price and it can't match a Model S? Shame. Also surprised they're sticking the to the 'Turbo' / 'Turbo S' branding. Really expected a new brand to spring out of it and be used for the inevitable Hybrid 911.

Associate
Yeah I think they have gone for the useable performance side of things rather than waiting a few minutes to pre warm batteries die ludicrous mode etc. Should know more in a a couple of weeks though

Soldato
I'm not sure that's still the case with the Raven Model S's. Certainly won't be if/when they move the S to the 3 motors/cooling and add track mode software.

The real surprise for me is the range, 240 miles from a 93kwh battery. Weird.

Soldato
The Taycan is going to be ludicrously expensive, but I imagine it’ll be really decent to drive. They’re really not aiming for an EV for the masses, so pricing shouldn’t be a shock. It’ll appeal to city types (or city family types) who want an EV for day to day use and already own a Porsche or two. The nice thing (for Porsche) is that it doesn’t really need to compete with Tesla as Porsche is such an established brand that people will buy over competing marques. Cayenne/Panamera EV will be a really nice development of all this.

As far as Litchfield modding of the 911 goes, I’d not rush to do it on a brand new car, but I can imagine this will be extremely popular for second hand buyers in a couple of years. Any mods invalidate your Porsche warranty, so those who haven’t specced the car from factory or want to do something different will be queueing up!

Soldato
It's nice that Porsche seem to be the only manufacturer actually trying, but honestly twice the price and it can't match a Model S? Shame. Also surprised they're sticking the to the 'Turbo' / 'Turbo S' branding. Really expected a new brand to spring out of it and be used for the inevitable Hybrid 911.

Come on the Taycan is a real premium offering with features. Look beyond that 0-60. 800V and twin speed rear is decent. Not sure if it offers rear wheel steer.

Range is pretty LOL though .

Soldato
Surely the S in the Cooper S harks back to the original Cooper S of the 60s and has nothing to do with being supercharged. The supercharger was dropped for the 2nd gen of the current car, anyway.

Soldato
So any interest in here for the taycan? From what I have heard of sounds like a very good EV?
It looks great, finally a manufacturer releases a car to compete against Tesla. This video is one of the better comparisons between the Tesla and Tycan.

Back
Top Bottom