paper crumpling along one edge on "old" HP4050

Soldato
Hello, had this printer for "yonks". Suddenly the paper coming out has about a cm crumpling on the LH side. It's "obviously" something in the feed. I looked everywhere I can and cannot see any trapped paper or damage roller etc. The paper path seems to be clean. Sometimes the paper cpmes through perfect with no damage; the next 2 pages will have a damaged edge, then all will be ok. Same if I feed it from the tray below or the front "straight-through" feed tray.

Any suggestions to cure this please?

Mel

Associate
- fan paper and put it in the other way
- look for a consistant pattern eg 1 good 2 bad - a roller could be sticking very slightly eg paper dust causing the 2nd sheet to touch the first
- look along edge to see if it crumples at same point
- use and new paper thatbhasgot to temperatue/humidity
- do testing by printng blank sheets

Soldato
OP
Well I fiddled with the printer for ages - and gave up for a while as you will see from the date.

I thought that as I was using a genuine HP toner all would be OK - BUT - under pressure from my other half to ditch the "unused" printer - I thought - I will buy a cheap "refilled" toner - £30 including next day delivery. AND it works Ok - no crumpling. Thanks a lot HP. Mind you I bought it several years ago so no guarantee claim possible!

Will have a look inside the "new" toner cartridge?

Just thought you would like to know! Mel

Back
Top Bottom