***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
It my speculation but Lego sets tend of follow a 2 year life cycle (there are exceptions of course). The set is over 2 years old and has stuck around longer than any other ideas set because it was the 50th birthday of Apollo 11 this year and the matching lunar lander launched.

Given both of these have now passed I expect it will be dropped just after Christmas when the normal cull happens.

and 6! Really...?

Soldato
Slippery slope now! :p

Yeh, tell me about it..

The Saturn V is close to end of life, buy ASAP would be my advice. As soon as it’s marked EOL it will instantly disappear off the shelves.

Damn, didn't know that! I was hoping I could just get the missus to get it for me for Christmas but I might just have to buy one before if it's going to disappear.

Soldato
You’ll probably be fine for Xmas but it did sell out earlier in the year. I would get it sooner or later.

Sets like that disappear instantly because people like the poster a few above who already has 6 buy them all as soon as it goes EOL to resell on eBay for a profit.

Only Lego know when it will go EOL but you will not get any warning, I’d expect it to go in the next sale just after Xmas and be gone. It’s strong sales may keep it around for another 6 months and it stay until the summer. I wouldn’t count on it though as the NASA celebrations have long blown over.

Caporegime
You’ll probably be fine for Xmas but it did sell out earlier in the year. I would get it sooner or later.

Sets like that disappear instantly because people like the poster a few above who already has 6 buy them all as soon as it goes EOL to resell on eBay for a profit.

Only Lego know when it will go EOL but you will not get any warning, I’d expect it to go in the next sale just after Xmas and be gone. It’s strong sales may keep it around for another 6 months and it stay until the summer. I wouldn’t count on it though as the NASA celebrations have long blown over.

I'll probably keep one as the original will probably go yellow after a while

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Just ordered Roller Coast 10261 for €250. €100 off RRP seemed a decent deal for something soon to be retired.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Not bad, I fancy that one but no idea where it would go.
This one'll probably go straight up to the attic with the rest of them. Or under the stairs, or behind the wardrobe...

I keep finding Lego hidden away :o
I found the Apollo V and Ghostbusters Firehouse when clearing out the spare room the other week...

Soldato
I've decided i'm going to treat myself to the falcon at some point, my mrs doesn't know yet but i figure asking for forgiveness is better than permission (i wonder if i could get away saying its for the kids:D). Does anybody know when smyths normally do that deal for a fiver off ever £100?

Back
Top Bottom