Advice on CEX

Associate
Hello all brand new to the forum and looking for some advice.

I bought a Samsung Curve from Samsung on a upgrade option however Samsung wont let me do another trade on it and I really don't like it.

CEX are offering a decent price (not a fan of Ebay) however the price is just over £1000 I've heard really bad stuff about the bank transfers but I'm questioning if they would be able to provide that much cash instore ?

Caporegime
Not sure I'd want to be seen being handed that much cash in a public place and having to carry it with me. Asking for someone to jump you IMO.

CEX are not a fly-by-night company, I really wouldn't worry.

Associate
OP
Wow thanks for the quick reply. I personally don't think much of them however they are by far offering the best price as for being jumped I'm very lucky and the local cex has direct parking outside of it I was just wondering on the actual chances of them having it

Associate
My local cex barely had 120 quid for my iphone 7 had to go bank transfer.Arrived in my account 2 days later.
Usually are a pain to deal with unless handing something in brand new theres always "something" that takes the price down they offer

Soldato
I would imagine they pay a lot of sellers in cash, people selling stolen goods usually prefer it ;)

Was in there the other week. They don't give out cash. You have to create an account and they pay the money into your bank. That's after they check everything works and is not stolen of course.

Associate
Never had a problem with CEX. They give you a price and you either accept it or walk away, no point complaining about their low ball offers.

Buying from them has never been a problem either and items come with a warranty typically.

Associate
Never had issues with them, some times I got some cheap pc used hardware and their warranty for used products is great. I also got some rare games for good price vs their equivalent on ebay and again I had the peace of mind if it didn't work i could return it easily and get a refund.

As others mentioned £1000 is quite a bit to be seen publicly with. I would minimize the risk and go for bank transfer.

Back
Top Bottom