Transport Fever 2

Associate
I was looking at their Youtube Channel the other day, and I noticed today when I went back to it they've got a release date trailer. Looks good so far, I like the idea of being able to add 'modules' to stations. Reminds me very much of SimCity 2013 in that regard, and it was a feature I really liked on that. Comes out on December 11th.

Release Date Trailer

'Modules'

Soldato
Yup will be picking it up also. Put in around 200 hours between first two, always neat to see the changes. Transport fever was a real solid change and this one is shaping up to look pretty great.

The module station is great idea, right PITA having separate cargo and train stations in cities in the other games to ship both cargo and passengers to cities. With that said cautious on the new cargo system. Seems much more difficult if specific cities need only specific cargo types.

Man of Honour
Same here, loved TF1 (and all the old ones like it such as TT, OpenTTD etc).. didn't get in the beta so will have to wait a bit longer :)

Soldato
So is this a city builder that concentrates on transport?

Pretty much. In transport fever 1, you did not build the actual cities. You provided the transport / cargo links and the city grow's organically (abit you can can shape it to an extent by placing roads etc) based on the service levels / good fulfilment. This one seems similar but looks to have a little bit more control, but nothing like a city builder like skylines.

The transport side is more deeper then most city builders like city skyline. You can customise your own trains for example, so the front locomotive and associated number of carriages. So you could build a train consisting of a locomotive with a dozen passenger wagons, or add cargo containers with the same locomotive instead. This also means physics is involved to an extent. Game also moves through time, so at start get horse driven carts / steam trains moving up to high speed trains of this era etc.

Soldato
This is in my wish list already, been following the development of this for quite a while a while (basically since Colonel Failure pointed out that this was in production)

Roll on the 11th December so that I have something to play over the Christmas period. :D :D :D

Soldato
Looks good, never played the first one despite it being on my wishlist for years

Are they using their own engine or have they hijacked Cities Skylines engine as some parts look very similar

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Looks good, never played the first one despite it being on my wishlist for years

Are they using their own engine or have they hijacked Cities Skylines engine as some parts look very similar

Their own, Train Fever was out b4 CS then they released Transport Fever.

Associate
TF2 is £21.49 at cdkeys.com As of yet the price is not being shown on steam.

£23.99 on Steam, have already pre-ordered on cdkeys @£21.49 looks a lot better than the first one, easier to get into I hope

Just realised this price on Steam is -25% off list price because I have already bought the first version, if you havn't the discount is only 10% off so about £28.99

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
It should be well worth a punt , going by their previous games they continue to support the game with bug fixes and new content.

Back
Top Bottom