New Toy - CBR1100XX

Associate
Ok, so not technically a new bike but it's a new to me bike. I already own a blackbird and, to be honest, is probably one of the best bike I've ever ridden. I've done countless miles in the last 3 years on mine, both in the UK and on the Continent and it hasn't missed a beat.

Anyway, as a Blackbird owner, when an opportunity comes up to buy another one at a bit of a billy bargain price and it's something a bit special, then yeah it's a no brainer for me :). I went to see it the other night and it is probably one of the cleanest Blackbirds I've seen for it's age, been REALLY looked after and no expense has been spared in the upkeep of it; there's also a couple of "subtle modifications" that have been completed to a very high standard which will really enhance the riding. Pics and specs below!

xogu4HA.jpg
tAKAvm6.jpg
JePyR5W.jpg
S8U09xQ.jpg
RWSDQ9o.jpg
1LRvtC1.jpg
R1eML7d.jpg

Current specs are as follows:

- Running T25/T28 hybrid built by Universal Turbos with custom actuator
- Has a manual boost controller installed
- On Dyno it was last recorded running approx 6/8psi and making 215bhp and 110lbft of torque at the wheel
- Making boost by 4000rpm on the road
- All custom fuel lines and fuel pump, fpr, oil feed and returns etc.
- Running stainless manifold and downpipe to end can
- Custom alloy radiator, intercooler and air box
- Carb oil cooler relocation to allow intercooler setup
- Uprated Barnett clutch plates and springs with uprated Oberon clutch cylinder
- Uprated rear shock YSS
- Cbr954 fireblade USD front end (brakes, master cylinder, clip ons) using 70mm fork extensions with custom triple clamps fitted with taper head race bearings
- Uprated front fork springs
- Dual braking system removed, Honda Nsr rear brake master cylinder
- New EBC front brake discs and HH brake pads
- Avon Sport Touring tyres good condition
- Lightweight 3 spoke cast rear wheel...(2/3kg lighter than oe)
- Uprated regulator rectifier, stator and wiring mod also done

The chap i'm buying it off has done a lot of the work himself, which meant he was able to tell me in detail all the in's and out's of how he has the system set up.

All being well, I'll be picking this up over the next week or so. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Man of Honour
Seen this pop up on the fb groups a while ago, it's a very tidy well done piece of kit.
The stock BB is rapid enough and has already gotten me in trouble :o, I can't imagine what riding that thing will be like!

Associate
Looks very clean indeed.

Nearly picked a standard one up a few years back but it was to clean to be used as a commuter tool so i let it go, wouldn't mind pick one up now though.

Associate
OP
Love it. Want one. Probably still as smooth as oiled silk with the turbo.
They are certainly a special bike, but you're right, it's a dream to ride. The below is one of the dyno printouts, noticeably you don't have a massive turbo 'kick' like you do with some smaller turbos which, for this bike, is great. The power is much more progressive.

Fveymrl.jpg

Associate
OP
Ended up putting my peg lowers, different end can and a set of straight bars on. Totally transformed it into a ballistic, comfortable hyper tourer :D

Done an oil change and changed some of the turbo gaskets as one of them was weeping slightly. A couple little odd jobs i'm going to do tomorrow just to tidy up behind the fairings as I covered it in literal **** after riding round a muddy peak district the other week.

Back
Top Bottom