Spec me a large family car

Associate
OP
I haven't been to see any of these yet. I couldn't resist putting the a6 on there with its lower price, lower miles and being newer but if it's not wide I won't bother.

Associate
OP
The S-Max looks like it would do the job really well, trouble is it's hard to want one or any other MPV format car to be honest
I rarely get to buy a new car so would like something a bit more interesting

Don
Associate
OP
Alcantara has been ok in my current car, I should've said not cloth.
To clarify the power figure I want something with a decent amount of power, not a little 1.5 etc

That's a good link but I just cant bring myself to like an MPV
From that list with a yes in the first 2 columns:
  • Q7 - The ones I can afford are too old and it looks a bit gangster
  • X5 - The ones I can afford are too old
  • XC90 - The ones I can afford look too dated compared to the latest one
  • Zafira - MPV
  • C4 - MPV
  • Alhambra - MPV
  • Touran - MPV

Soldato
If you need three iso fix kid seats across the back then there are very few cars out there Seat Alhambra and the VW equivalent are popular choices for this requirement. Suck it up you chose to have three kids not a cool car!

Soldato
Alcantara has been ok in my current car, I should've said not cloth.

Alcantara is cloth...

If cheap contract hire interests you look at the Skoda Karoq on leasing.com over 2 years. Whilst it's the class size down it's huge inside and has 3 independant/removable rear seats. Only downside is the engines are closer to 150bhp.

Alternatively up the budget and look at the Kodiaq. It'll be a hell of a lot cheaper to run than a 2013 high mileage Disco so will likely cost you less money even if you spend more on the purchase.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I was in a similar situation 3 years ago, needed a car to accomodate 2 child seats and a person in the back. There surprising few cars that can do it, so its essentially MPV's and large SUV's that fit the bill.

I ended up with a Volvo XC60 R design D4, and its been a fantastic car. Its supremely comfortable, looks good, the only down side is that the infotainment is looking old now.

Skoda Superb would just about do it aswell, but no chance for any of the other large estates, ie 5 series,E class and A6.

Back
Top Bottom