*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Looks the the ps5 could be weaker than the new Xbox based on latest rumours.

The rumour puts the ps5 at 9.2 tflop co pared to the Xbox'a 12.

that puts the ps5 at a 30% performance disadvantage.

Microsoft said they wanted to maintain performance leadership and they may have it.

but that means the price will be different

while the new Xbox is expected to fetch up to $600usd the ps5 looks like it could be sold for $400
Well foremost I just want to play entertaining and story-strong games and narratives. Power and graphics are secondly. Always was.

PS4/pro still delivering, big time.

Soldato
Well foremost I just want to play entertaining and story-strong games and narratives. Power and graphics are secondly. Always was.

PS4/pro still delivering, big time.

Agreed. Besides, the XboneX is the most powerful device currently.... with naff all decent games :D

I couldn't care less about which is most powerful, its the games that'll sway it for me.

Soldato
Pretty impressed with the pro so far (I also have a 1x).

Im now a few hours into HZD (played it through on release but not been back to it - so have frozen wilds content to do as well. :) ).

It feels good to he back on a playstation after petty much 3 years away. Pad has some nice subtle updates too.

Will probably keep this now till the mid gen update of ps5.

Then again I may cave and get a ps5 on release! Lol :D

Associate
Agreed. Besides, the XboneX is the most powerful device currently.... with naff all decent games :D

I couldn't care less about which is most powerful, its the games that'll sway it for me.

Back in the 2013 it was actually a huge deal for me PS4 offered 1080p gaming. So I take this much back :rolleyes:

But for the next_gen I'd say both Xbox and Playstation will be offering enough. And I do think the market is big enough for two mainstream consoles.

Caporegime
Back in the 2013 it was actually a huge deal for me PS4 offered 1080p gaming. So I take this much back :rolleyes:

But for the next_gen I'd say both Xbox and Playstation will be offering enough. And I do think the market is big enough for two mainstream consoles.
More than enough. A lot will still be using 1080p screen, so silky smooth 1080p with no drops will be really nice. Although I expect PS5 to go beyond that.

This coming gen looks to be - for the first time in a long time - a valid alternative for PC gamers used to having serious grunt under the hood.

Must say tho, I'm not sure about early renders of either console. The PS5 looks like a router from the early 90s; the XboxSX is ... well, a cuboid thing devoid of any features at all.

Soldato
More than enough. A lot will still be using 1080p screen, so silky smooth 1080p with no drops will be really nice. Although I expect PS5 to go beyond that.

This coming gen looks to be - for the first time in a long time - a valid alternative for PC gamers used to having serious grunt under the hood.

Must say tho, I'm not sure about early renders of either console. The PS5 looks like a router from the early 90s; the XboxSX is ... well, a cuboid thing devoid of any features at all.
The PS5 is only the dev kit. NOT the final design. Xbox series X on the otherhand is the finished design.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking for a decent race sim, what's the best out there on PS4 at the moment? Is it Gran Turismo Sport or Project Cars?
I own Gran Turismo Sport, but played a bit Project Cars on a pc, to me Project cars felt like the better simulator compared to GTsport. To be fair though I played that on a 3 screen setup with a bucket seat. It was an m3 bmw i think and suffice to say i couldn't get it to run straight - lesson to my self its a game but that doesn't mean you should go more than 5k RPM when you go in a corner :p.

Gran turismo is ok and can be challenging once you set your car without traction control etc.

I used to be a big fan of Gran turismo from GT1 all the way up to 4, but lately it started to be a bit annoying, I hate how you can just crash your car sideways in a corner and power through it. And why do i need to have active internet connection to play locally or even worse single player? I didn't have broadband for a few days and my pal came to play LAN GT sport and yes we could play only the arcade option but progress couldn't be saved - and no option to play the single player races.

Its recommended to have a nice steering wheel setup though for better enjoyment.

I also liked driveclub although that is not concidered simulation.

Soldato
People complain about privacy
Sony increase privacy, opting people out of many things and inviting them to opt-in
Sony release Round-Up based on a user's activity - but not available to people who set maximum privacy
User's moan at Sony

Just a snippet of Reddit posts :)

Soldato
Just FYI, the above only works if you've got "Send Additional Data" turned on in the system or privacy settings, if you've turned that off it seemingly won't work.

Not sure what mine is set to. If it's on by default then it's probably on. I don't think I've ever been in there to mess around with those settings.

Soldato
Not sure what mine is set to. If it's on by default then it's probably on. I don't think I've ever been in there to mess around with those settings.

I believe it is on by default, usually those options are.

I make it a habit these days with any new device or app to dig into the settings and find out what privacy options there are, some of them are collecting a hell of a lot of additional information unless you tell them not too. I don't mind them collecting necessary data to run the services obviously, but anything above and beyond isn't really serving a useful purpose to me.

Back
Top Bottom