Spec me a Hybrid.

Soldato
This is the year for the start of a richer range of EVs now the CO2 compliance comes into effect and counts each BEV as two 0g cars.

Audi Etron and iPace sit between the range you describe

a bit of a range of the new cars

MG ZS
Honda e
Peugeot 208
Mini electric
Hyundai Kona
Kia e-Niro
ID.3
Polestar 2

Man of Honour
This is the year for the start of a richer range of EVs now the CO2 compliance comes into effect and counts each BEV as two 0g cars.

Audi Etron and iPace sit between the range you describe

a bit of a range of the new cars

MG ZS
Honda e
Peugeot 208
Mini electric
Hyundai Kona
Kia e-Niro
ID.3
Polestar 2

The Mini isn't out yet and everything else in that list is fairly tragic and supports my point.

Soldato
I said this year didn’t I? Don’t move the goal posts.

I’m sure a BMW will pop up soon with the god awful grille on.

Personally speaking the ID.3 and Polestar are far from tragic, the 208 looks awesome and the I-PACE is well below 100k. But like the rest of the planet I’m not really into saloons so hard to predict how what you might fancy :p Saloons and EV is a hard recipe to crack if you don’t want long cars!

Soldato
Even the modern Mini is a bit ****. It should be called an Obese.

Also...electric Peugeot.. with Peugeot electronics, that should be interesting :D

Man of Honour
The electric Mini looks genuinely brilliant to be fair. We went to a launch event and I'd love one to replace our Cooper when the time comes.

Soldato
Anything relevant to the UK and mix of buyers...
?
if you view on a big screen there is uk data ... which agrees with data points you can find on autotrader for the 2nd hand toyota hybrid's referenced earlier.

Norway & Netherlands have coincidentally good (tax financed;)) public transport - no ? which is the balance we need in the UK;
- was interesting to see that new prius 'all wheel drive' hybrid has gone for nimh batteries for cold weather performance

a presentation/analysis that corroborates that pure electric and hybrid are not yet more affordable than petrol/diesel ... so, a personal eco choice

49326369927_4f8f03cc5d_o_d.jpg
Anything relevant to the UK and mix of buyers...

Lets not get ahead of ourselves We are not even in the early adopters phase yet, we are around halfway through the (2.5%) of innovators when you consider car sales, let alone if you consider cars on the road.

Once we get to somewhere around the 10% mark (just over half way towards the early majority phase) then we will start to see the changes really pilling up.

Plenty of times new tech can go through the first two stages before a lot are even aware of them.

Soldato
How are the Honda CR-Z as a hybrid? They're a cheap which is perking my interest a little, but i'm assuming they're a cheap buy for a reason.

They are ace now; they are basically the same price as how much cheaper they should have been at launch to be taken seriously. Good blend of fun and frugality. I ran mine for just over a year and sold for £100 more with 20k more miles on it.

Soldato
2013 is the facelift (ZF2) which is a small power boost to the engine and the electric assist moves from NiMh to lithium and hence more power from the motor. Also adds a S+ button for demand full electric assist when overtaking. Strong prices for those when I looked.

Prefaclift you have S, Sport then GT.
Atleast Sport is fine, you get multifunction wheel and the decent stereo with subwoofer, GT adds a good amount. Ie Xenon, leather, pano roof although the extra weight and hence CO2 moves it a tax band in some cases.

Personally I always liked the dynamic kit on them aswell which is a honda accessories add on so not really trim specific- this Gives the carbon look side trim and rear bumper with mesh in, choose pearl white colour add a set of 20mm rear spacers and you have a really smart looking car, then throw in an Apple CarPlay headunit and you are laughing.

this is spot on other than mileage concern for some:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911304896282

Just looking now seems prices have slightly climbed over the last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom