Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
You'd be amazed at some of the stuff you find when looking at 125s. I'm looking for a 125 scooter so my wife can enjoy it a bit too until moving on to geared stuff later on and you'd be amazed at what you find.

This one:

Oh and it's registered as a 50, not a 125 :rolleyes:
hey quick question can a 50cc panels fit a 125cc panel

Transmission breaker
Don
Got the Hornet MOTed, just an advisory on the front tyre :) She is a reliable beast, battery was not really happy after 2 weeks of no use in the cold though!

The baby blade is just waiting for the floor to dry, and boards to cover the walls in its new home before it can be moved out of the cold garage! Then I can slide in the new motor!

ShedProject058.jpg

Caporegime
Strange question; is that a ridge wallet? I've been looking at them, among others for the last few weeks and I'm tempted to grab one, mainly due to the lifetime guarantee. I'm fed up of carrying a massive wallet around with me. How're you finding it? Apparently their main negative is the fact that if you want to get a card out from the middle it can be a bit of a ballache?

On-topic; 3 months til I'm home from work; I still haven't decided if i'm going to get a quick shifter or not for the XJ. I feel it would only get me into trouble..

Not sure if its official ridge or knock off.

It's ok getting carda out is fairly easy if you've got strong fingers the hinge side the aluminium cases are tapered so you can pinch it and make the sides and carda aplay open a few degrees.

Soldato
Strange question; is that a ridge wallet? I've been looking at them, among others for the last few weeks and I'm tempted to grab one, mainly due to the lifetime guarantee. I'm fed up of carrying a massive wallet around with me. How're you finding it? Apparently their main negative is the fact that if you want to get a card out from the middle it can be a bit of a ballache?

On-topic; 3 months til I'm home from work; I still haven't decided if i'm going to get a quick shifter or not for the XJ. I feel it would only get me into trouble..

Get a Stealth wallet instead, much easier in my opinion.

Soldato
First ride out of 2020 today. Actually really good - cold but no salt and good grip in the dry when the sun came out. Got just over 100 miles in, which felt enough to get the new brakes and chain bedded in.

ogL5cqW.jpg
What the idea of having screens fitted to the hand guards :confused:
Is it so you're hands can see where there going :p

Soldato
First ride out of 2020 today. Actually really good - cold but no salt and good grip in the dry when the sun came out. Got just over 100 miles in, which felt enough to get the new brakes and chain bedded in.

Was you and another at KingsLynn roundabout Saturday.

Soldato
will be starting my bike up for the first time in 6 months over the next few days. Battery was removed and is now on a trickle charger for the next week or so to boost it back up.

From what I remember, I think i put a full tank in; anything else I need to be aware of? Tyres (PR5'S) have gone shiny again so they'll need re-scrubbing in( Shame ;) )

Man of Honour
will be starting my bike up for the first time in 6 months over the next few days. Battery was removed and is now on a trickle charger for the next week or so to boost it back up.

From what I remember, I think i put a full tank in; anything else I need to be aware of? Tyres (PR5'S) have gone shiny again so they'll need re-scrubbing in( Shame ;) )

Check your tyre pressures but apart from that should be a drop the battery in and go job.

I rode my bird for the first time since September at the weekend and that's all I did, battery was out and on a charger so hooked it up, put a couple of psi back in the tyres and ripped off down the M54 no issues.

Mine is stored outside as well so took it easy on the brakes for the first couple of applications just to scrub off the surface rust that had built up.

Man of Honour

You will need scrubbing in again too. After 6 months off the bike it will take a while for your skills to catch up, so ride accordingly.

I know that’s not popular advice but it’s the reason the Air Ambulance critical care vehicle parks up on the A32 on good weekends this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom