Common disregard for rules and regulations

Soldato
I see this mostly with driving, people cutting over multiple lanes, not stopping at lights as they are changing etc, but why do people flagrantly disregard rules and regulations that are in place? Another place I see it is with fire alarms at work where people seem to have enough time to wander back to their desks to get bags/coats etc, whereas I am up and out of there and I’m nearly always the first one out.

what is it with some/many people?

Associate
Driving standards are horrendous, most dont care because a car is just a means to move about for them. Proper drivers though will want to improve there skill and should be doing much better.

Associate
Compulsory retest every 5 years for all drivers.
Anyone over 70 its every 3 years
Anyone at fault in an accident (however serious) and immediate retest.

... the retests will also be far harder than the standard driving test - after all you should be a much better driver after ~years of driving than a fresh newbie.

Of course a government will never do that, folk will not vote for a party wanting to take away there cars.

Caporegime
Automated cars should help solve a lot of this.... could also just have built in cameras, GPS monitoring for new cars - if someone was driving dangerously and caused a crash then you have a better audit of it etc...

Soldato
Does it not occur that just sometimes, the people who make seemingly random lane changers are actually people who have never driven though this particular junction before??

They are a bit lost an end up having to make last minute moves to get into the correct lane.

And of course, the other lanes are full of people who will not allow people to change lanes on the approach to a junction because "IT IS MY LANE, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

:mad:

Soldato
Does it not occur that just sometimes, the people who make seemingly random lane changers are actually people who have never driven though this particular junction before??

They are a bit lost an end up having to make last minute moves to get into the correct lane.

And of course, the other lanes are full of people who will not allow people to change lanes on the approach to a junction because "IT IS MY LANE, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

:mad:
I can't multi quote on my phone
So if mod merges my replies for me
Thanks
Yes in some cases you are probably correct the person is lost
Or doesn't know the road layout
But if every other bugger obeyed
The 2 second gap rule :D
The lost ones would have enough
Time lol :D

Back
Top Bottom