**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Pretty disappointed with S20 tbh, I have standard S10 and would be looking to move to the standard S20. Not really getting anything in the way of nice upgrades on the cameras, 108MP unit would have probably swayed me but the upgrades are barely worth mentioning. The design is ugly with the corner camera rectangle and the colours suck. I think I'll be sticking with the S10 for the foreseeable. Maybe they will bring out something better before July when my upgrade expires.

Soldato
Pretty disappointed with S20 tbh, I have standard S10 and would be looking to move to the standard S20. Not really getting anything in the way of nice upgrades on the cameras, 108MP unit would have probably swayed me but the upgrades are barely worth mentioning. The design is ugly with the corner camera rectangle and the colours suck. I think I'll be sticking with the S10 for the foreseeable. Maybe they will bring out something better before July when my upgrade expires.
Even the camera on the S20 and S20+ seems like an upgrade on the S10, But if it's enough of an upgrade to make the jump, who knows.

Associate
I preordered the ultra in cosmic grey seeing as I always go for black. Although I’ll prob only keep this phone till the note 20 is out and switch.

Associate
I have a S10 atm, I looked at the upgrade for the S20+. I have one year left on the finace with Samsung for the S10. Which is £240, But if I trade the phone into them instead of the upgrade programe I get £350. Surely its worth it to clear the finance then trade it in to save £100? or am I missing something.

Last edited:
Associate

Not final software but doesnt look too impressive compared to last years phone.
Guess we'll have to wait and see for final software and the Ultra in a proper shoot out.

Never been a fan of Samsungs post processing and doens't look like much has changed.

Soldato
[=youtube]PnLiSYgm-1M[/MEDIA]

Not final software but doesnt look too impressive compared to last years phone.
Guess we'll have to wait and see for final software and the Ultra in a proper shoot out.

Never been a fan of Samsungs post processing and doens't look like much has changed.

Agreed. The Pixel still reigns supreme in IQ soo far and I much prefer it's style of processing.

I look forward to seeing the complete camera review and comparisons for the s20.

Associate
S20 series all have new larger sensors though regardless.

I've got a feeling its not gonna be as "amazing" as they keep touting, but I guess thats just marketing.

Soldato
What network/deals are most of you guys going with?

The cheapest option I've found available to all is buying the phone direct from Samsung with the 10% quidco cashback paying via Klara.

Then one of the Sim only Vodafone deals from Fonehouse with cashback. I get 15 % any Vodafone deal too.

So all in I'm looking around £40 a month for unlimited 5G data with the S20+.

Only thing stopping me from ordering is that I want the ultra but worried its too big.

That doesn't take into account potentially selling the buds.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
https://www.sammobile.com/news/gala...superior-than-s20-ultra-at-960-fps-recording/

Turns out the Ultra has a lesser quality super slow motion mode and the lower 2 models record 960fps natively . Interesting.

@mrk - what are you going to do? And where do you import your SD Samsungs from please? Thanks.

Undecided still, the camera samples I am seeing lately dont point to a huge improvement over the S10e I currently have with Gcam. I have posted photos in the S10 thread and I am immensely pleased with what it is capable of. I would latrgely be benefitting from the video recording improvements, namely pro video mode but I am betting this is a software update that will find its way to the S10 soon anyway as Samsung hinted at new features for the S10 and even if that means 2 months time I am happy to wait and save a few £hundred as there is nothing my SD S10e can't do at the moment bar exposure controls in video mode.

I imported from eGlobal Central btw. S10e was £489 iirc back in March last year and I also got some cashback so saved a little more in the process.

Thinking about it all smart and stuff, it probably does not make sense for me to change from the S10e to the S20 anytime soon at leats anyway as I wouldn't gain anything significant and if video pro mode comes via an update to the S10, then bonus.

Back
Top Bottom