Xbox Project Xcloud

Associate
I need to order a clip for my phone, any recommendations?

I got the MOGA one, it's officially licensed by Microsoft. There are plenty of cheaper ones but the reviews were good. Two movement points to alter phone height/angle. Clips on well and is moulded around the pairing button/headphone jack. Any would do the job though.

They're being pretty generous as it is, no? Presumably either the service or the games will eventually be behind a pay wall.

Yeah it's just a test at the minute but it's very generous. Depends how Microsoft want to go forward. They are desperate for any advantage they can get so might continue being generous. I have a feeling either it will be bundled in with current price game pass ultimate (wishful thinking) or there will be another game pass+gold+xcloud tier of pricing. They don't seem to be fronting it as a stadia killer just a nice additional feature to help people play games and stay in the Xbox eco system.

Soldato
I don't think I'd pay extra for it TBH. Maybe when it's on more platforms; PC would be useful for my laptop, and bringing it to TV via Roku, Sky Q, Firestick etc. could be great. But so far, the experience of playing on my mobile hasn't gripped me.

Once they launch DS4 support, it should be possible to get it running with the Joycons on the Switch Android port. That might be a game changer.

Soldato
Played a bit of Forza 7 yesterday afternoon, was surprised how well it worked. Halo Reach was a little artifacty at times, but no problems with Forza.

Associate
Is there a release date for this? I'm really interested in the console streaming element of this but, not sure I want to join the insider program.

Associate
So I did this. Can't work out if the input latency for me is too great. I think I need to get an ethernet cable for X1X > Router to see if I can reduce that.

Yeah not tried console wireless to router. Ethernet between the two works great for me for xcloud. The in home console streaming still doesn't work great for some reason though. Anyone else tried it? You would think streaming from the console in my house would be better than xcloud streaming from Microsoft servers.

Associate
Yeah not tried console wireless to router. Ethernet between the two works great for me for xcloud. The in home console streaming still doesn't work great for some reason though. Anyone else tried it? You would think streaming from the console in my house would be better than xcloud streaming from Microsoft servers.

It's not working for me very well either. I've now plugged the Xbox into the router but, I think this is causing a bottleneck with a poor quality cable.

Caporegime
Just been playing Halo CE on my iPad mini. Worked pretty well, there were a few glitches now and again but it was very enjoyable. Apart from playing on a piddly screen. Roll on Windows deployment.

Associate
Just been playing Halo CE on my iPad mini. Worked pretty well, there were a few glitches now and again but it was very enjoyable. Apart from playing on a piddly screen. Roll on Windows deployment.

This may prompt me to get an iPad if it works well on release. I think investing in Android tablets are a waste!

Associate
OP
I've been giving this more and more of a go over the last week. I seem to get a lot more joy out of xcloud, than console streaming my own xbox to my mobile over the same network bizarrely!

Associate
I've been giving this more and more of a go over the last week. I seem to get a lot more joy out of xcloud, than console streaming my own xbox to my mobile over the same network bizarrely!

I had exactly the same. Really poor in home streaming, pixelated and cutting out. I replaced my router from a SH3 and it is perfect. No noticeable lag, slowdown and the signal symbol hasn't shown up once. I'm playing the in-home streaming more than xcloud now.

Back
Top Bottom