My new car

Caporegime
Ignore my negative post earlier as they are epic cars and nothing beats a NA V12 sound. You never need a stereo with one of them.

Our of all the many supercars my old boss owned over the years the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish was my favourite. Style, looks, sound, comfort, luxury. Just ticks every box (when he had it to drive!)

I always remember going away with him down south to a meeting in it and I knew we were horsing along (he never drove slow) and assumed from the feel that we would be doing 100 but I was shocked when i glanced over at the speedo and saw we were doing 150mph!!!

You could eat up mile after mile in one of those.

Soldato
OP
Stunning car that! :)

Not sure if the V12 has a fuse like the V8 Vantage but if it does you may want to try pulling that so the valves are always open, made my uncles V8 Vantage sound glorious all the time, these cars make such a beautiful noise it should never be muffled or restricted in anyway and with your cat delete it will sound epic for sure.
I've also had no regrets pulling the fuse the in the 458 even though cold starts are now pretty obnoxious in it which was kind of worrying as we've not long been since moved in, but met one of the other neighbours last week as they took a parcel for us and when I collected it they did ask how long I've had the Ferrari and commented on how amazing it sounds, so that is always a relief.

Enjoy these kind of analogue, NA big motor cars won't be around for much longer now and the stuff replacing them is totally soulless in comparison, you cannot rival a big NA V12. :)
Indeed, it felt like one of the last chances to own this sort of car before they get a bit long(er!) in the tooth. Regarding the fuse, this was pulled pretty much as soon as I left the dealership on collection! I think the best noise is 1500-3000 rpm, and keeping the fuse in permanently hides it. Interestingly the manual for mine said fuse 22, but it's actually 15 on my car. I think they call that "hand built".
Epic. Drove on at milbrook and it was so savage. Must be an animal on the road!
I've not had a chance to do many proper drives in it - only town work and a big trip down to Bordeaux shortly after collection - but it has impressed at the opportunities I have had. Now it's warming up, and once the PS4S tyres have bedded in, I'll head to my old stomping ground roads and see what it can do.
Congrats! I clearly pay no attention because I had no idea you'd replaced the orange E46 :)
Hah! I think that was replaced in 2009? Had a 530i, 535d and M5 V10 between then and now :)
to think you once had a car with THE worst interior I've ever seen :p :p xx
Shh you ;) Jealousy isn't attractive

Last edited:
Caporegime
Watch out for that 3 to 4th gear change. Milbrook was a 0-176mph run before braking hard. I still remember the tyre squeal as it changed :D

Man of Honour
Lovely car. My brother has had a couple and they are a real treat. He sold his a few months ago as he thought the prices were about to drop significantly.

Soldato
OP
Watch out for that 3 to 4th gear change. Milbrook was a 0-176mph run before braking hard. I still remember the tyre squeal as it changed :D
That sounds like the dog leg 7 speed? Mine's a 6 speed and you'd have to be really clumsy to mess up 3rd to 4th!

Soldato

I remember that clip and ending to the show well, perfectly done with very little talking and just a great car driving around Wales (?).

Congrats on the purchase it's a stunning looking thing. I know someone with a V8 version to go with his daily M5, but this is another beast altogether.

An Aston is certainly a consideration again if we move down saaaaaff.

Soldato
OP
Hello everyone,

Here with a small update. Have had some time now with the Michelin PS4Ss and the newly secondary decatted exhaust system. Short summary: amazing, very happy!

The tyres are infinitely better than the Pirello P Zeros that were on the car. I think they suffered from a combination of being physically old (8 years on the front, 5 years on the back - despite having covered only 4k miles on them) and not the most brilliant of tyres even when new. The Michelins are a transformation and my confidence with the car has drastically changed. It feels surefooted - although it still 'moves around' when pressing on, which I like - and grip levels under acceleration are much improved. They ride more comfortably and are quieter too, so it really is a win all-round. Highly recommended!

The secondary decat has opened up the sound, which is now considerably louder and angrier. It's very different sounding to some of the more delicate V12s. Engine response is noticeably improved, perhaps it has a bit more power.. who knows. Another very highly recommended modification. Cost a bit over £800 for Aston themselves to do it, all fully warrantied.

For a preview of the sound from the beast below, click here... :)

JKTgLLG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom