OcUK Pub Quiz

Soldato
If you're anyone who's anyone, you'll have probably done a quiz on lockdown with friends or family. Zoom is the one to go to apparently. I've done a few now.

Thought it would be cool to do an OcUK pub quiz... I have a paid for Zoom account, so happy for that to be used. People could sign up for it with team names etc. would be cool if there could be a small OcUK prize or something?

Just a thought but would be quite fun I thought. I know people on IT forums don't like to see other people, but you know. :p

Opening for discussions....

OcUK Staff
Good idea. But how do you propose stopping sneaky ******** from Googling the answers?

We need a lot of questions that are Google proof. :)

Also, there can only be one winner, the whole forum cannot be a winner, otherwise I'd be handing out 100K chairs, which is not going to happen either. So to be clear, there is 1x chair! :D

Soldato
OP
Oh wow, this is cool. Let's get this going then!

Have a 5 second window to answer questions?
Yea, something like this. I know it's impossible to completely rule out, but quick rounds would be ideal.

I think we should break it up into rounds, suggestions for subjects for each round? We could do tech/sport/OcUK specific Qs/ general knowledge or something?

Happy to be quiz master or help construct it, think it could be great fun!

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Have a 5 second window to answer questions?

A colleague of mine did a Zoom pub quiz the other week and the questions were done using https://kahoot.it ... you only have a limited time to answer (using your phone as the answering device, selecting from multiple choice) which somewhat limits the cheating.

Commissario
A colleague of mine did a Zoom pub quiz the other week and the questions were done using https://kahoot.it ... you only have a limited time to answer (using your phone as the answering device, selecting from multiple choice) which somewhat limits the cheating.
Yeh we're doing one on Friday actually come to think of it and are using Kahoot.

Soldato
I'd join in with a team that is doing it for fun, I have a Noble chair already so not interested in winning it. I'd have nowhere to put it.
A donation to play sounds like a good idea but not sure how you would set this up.

Could nominate 1 person from each team to answer a question before the question is set, not only does this reduce the chances of cheating but could have amusing answers.

Back
Top Bottom