Differences between 16GB and 32GB RAM?

Soldato
I do want that for my next build. Not had RGB RAM before.
TBH, it's not all that impressive. It's restricted to whichever software ecosystem you're on and limited to whatever patterns they give you.
Mine doesn't even work with the Mfr's own software (Cruicial) on my particular motherboard, so I'm stuck with Asus Aura.

You can buy dummy modules with rgb on them to fill extra slots :)
I know... I looked at it but I'm not a dummy though, so I haven't bought any.
I doubt it'd work with my non-Corsair RAM anyway.

Caporegime
I'm about to move to a 1600AF-based system and will be buying 32GB of RAM for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Not sure if Zen 3 will work with DDR4 but if not, I'll grab an 8 core 3000 series chip when the 4000s come out.

Soldato
With the new Xbox and Playstation 5 packing 16GB RAM I suspect we'll see a lot of games benefiting from 32Gb on PC next year but right now not so much.

Soldato
From my understanding of Ram (which may be limited, call it what you want) gamers generally seem to go for 16GB as 8GB has now become the minimum to run a lot of AAA titles.

Jumping from 16GB to 32GB is only really noticable in graphic design/video rendering

Soldato
Bought 4 x 32gb sticks of ECC for my server just before Christmas and more recently, a kit of the Patriot Viper 4400 16GB for an ITX build.

For what it’s worth, 64GB assigned to a Win 10 VM with 10c20t and a 1660 Super runs beautifully :D

I noticed a fair upgrade in system responsiveness when assigning 16GB up from 8GB but beyond 16GB not so much.

Soldato
For the price I would definitely go for 32gb Ram.

New games like call of duty modern warfare, division 2, and even the latest battlefield games, eating between 12-15gb ram.

You won't notice a difference if your just using the computer just for chrome, watching videos etc.

For gaming, editing and any other high demanding application's, got for 32gb.

Back
Top Bottom