What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I've just finished The Witcher.

The production was a bit weird it kept going from high quality to feeling like day-time TV levels. Also had to rewind it few times too as they seems to mumble a lot of lines which made it harder to follow what was going on seeing as I had no previous experience with the books or the game.

By the end of it though I was gutted I ran out of episodes to watch and I'm looking forward to the next series.

Soldato
Got this ready to go - i've tried to stay away from spoilers etc, but not even sure what this is - my main draw was that it has Nick Offerman in it!

What would you compare it to?

Difficult to explain really. If you have seen anything else by Alex Garland, like Deus Ex Machina, this has a similar feel to that in a way. Mystery / sci-fi with a good feel for atmosphere. Main character is a little bit bland, but don't let that put you off. The story is good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not strictly TV, but I've actually been binge watching back episodes of Good Mythical Morning (and by association Good Mythical More and Mythical Kitchen), no idea how this has escaped me for so long given they have been around for over a decade.

Rhett & Link are absolute legends :D

Soldato
Just finished Homeland S8, which I think is the last season. Honestly, I've loved it. S8 has been a great season and that last ep had some fantastic tension, like was saw back in S01E09 (I think it was, anyway). Quite a good ending I feel too, which for me is a big factor on the overall rating of a show. I would probably put Homeland into my top 10 (and I've watched a lot of TV! :) )

jcr

jcr

Associate
have started watching the wire as my partner likes crime shows.
it seems ok but i struggle to understand what the black drug dealers are saying sometimes. could do with subtitles really.

Soldato
Tales From The Loop on Amazon Prime. It's excellent and seem to be a total sleeper hit as I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Well-written, beautifully shot and I really like the character-driven retro sci-fi concept. Highly recommended.

Soldato
Binge watched both seasons of Ricky Gervais in Afterlife last night and today, 12 x 30 minute episodes.

Superb. Really funny and really sad. It's like a mix of The Office, a love story and some deep philosophical stuff. I've never heard the C word uttered so much. :D Definite must watch.

Caporegime
Tales From The Loop on Amazon Prime. It's excellent and seem to be a total sleeper hit as I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Well-written, beautifully shot and I really like the character-driven retro sci-fi concept. Highly recommended.
its style over substance arty farty nonsense imo apart one one episode that stood out

Soldato
Binge watched both seasons of Ricky Gervais in Afterlife last night and today, 12 x 30 minute episodes.

Superb. Really funny and really sad. It's like a mix of The Office, a love story and some deep philosophical stuff. I've never heard the C word uttered so much. :D Definite must watch.

It was the old woman turning 100 saying it which absolutely slayed me!

Back
Top Bottom