The Last of Us Part II

Caporegime
Is their a transgender character?looks like a well built woman to me like you get in the UFC.

All we know is they made the character look like that to pander to the identity politicists, probably scared of them complaining about a woman looking too feminine.

Soldato
I'll still play it, maybe I'll hate the way they've taken the story, maybe I won't but I'm not going to make that decision based on partial leaks. I've been looking forward to this and have historically enjoyed all ND games, definitely enough to give them the benefit of the doubt!

Soldato
probably scared of them complaining about a woman looking too feminine.

You only have to look at the women they mocapped /used as the basis for Ellie's new love interest to know they don't like feminine women, the girl has a great figure irl, in game...er no.

I'll still play it, maybe I'll hate the way they've taken the story, maybe I won't but I'm not going to make that decision based on partial leaks. I've been looking forward to this and have historically enjoyed all ND games, definitely enough to give them the benefit of the doubt!
It's not the Naughty Dog we knew, roughly 70% of the people that worked on Unchartered 4 are no longer there for example.

Soldato
Apparently ND are striking videos on youtube of people just talking about the leak i.e. showing no footage.

I might buy this when the price drops. But out of solidarity against arrogant publishers taking the poop I won't be buying this at launch. It sounds like the story is how its being leaked otherwise ND would have said "nothing seen in the leak is representative of the game now". If it turns out to be real expect a LOT of backlash when the game comes out.

Soldato
You only have to look at the women they mocapped /used as the basis for Ellie's new love interest to know they don't like feminine women, the girl has a great figure irl, in game...er no.

It's not the Naughty Dog we knew, roughly 70% of the people that worked on Unchartered 4 are no longer there for example.

I think you are vastly mis-stating the facts on that latter part. I think what you meant to say is of the 20 'non-lead' designers who are credited as working on U4, 70% are no longer there. I also imagine that may have been the case from U1 to U2 to U3/ TLOU etc.. It's not unheard of for non-lead designers to seek pastures new etc. I'm sure there are higher profile casualties like Amy (she left midway through U4 and they rebooted the storyline and I loved that game) but as I said I'll reserve my judgement of the game until I've actually played it. I may hate it but as I said I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given I've enjoyed everything else they've put out.

Soldato

That means absolutely nothing. Ashley Johnson was in her mid-late twenties acting as a fourteen year old, Troy Baker was early-mid thirties acting as someone getting towards fifty. It's kind of the whole point of mocap.

Soldato
That means absolutely nothing. Ashley Johnson was in her mid-late twenties acting as a fourteen year old, Troy Baker was early-mid thirties acting as someone getting towards fifty. It's kind of the whole point of mocap.

The didn't model either Ellie or Joel after Troy or Ashley though, they have used someones face for Dina (Ellie's new love interest), if her face, why not the figure? Unless to push an ideology, hmmm

images

Soldato
I think you are vastly mis-stating the facts on that latter part. I think what you meant to say is of the 20 'non-lead' designers who are credited as working on U4, 70% are no longer there. I also imagine that may have been the case from U1 to U2 to U3/ TLOU etc.. It's not unheard of for non-lead designers to seek pastures new etc. I'm sure there are higher profile casualties like Amy (she left midway through U4 and they rebooted the storyline and I loved that game) but as I said I'll reserve my judgement of the game until I've actually played it. I may hate it but as I said I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given I've enjoyed everything else they've put out.

sorry yes, "70 percent of the non-lead designers and a significant number of artists who worked on Uncharted 4 now gone" as per the Kotaku crunch story linked a page or 2 ago

Soldato
Yes yes, you think they're imposing an ideology or forcing an agenda or are SJWs or whatever. We get the jist.
Ok, maybe you can enlighten me then? What possible reason would they have to go through the trouble of hiring someone, using her face for the model of the in-game character, and then not bother using the rest of her?

Soldato
I was not going to see the leaks, but I was immensely intrigued as to the fuss and the attention it has been getting so felt something was up

Will probably not get this now
I was the same. Might I ask the reason why without spoiling for others?

Story, SJW or the way the have shafted the first game to push their agenda?

I want to play one half of the game but the other half can just go to hell.

Soldato
I was the same. Might I ask the reason why without spoiling for others?

Story, SJW or the way the have shafted the first game to push their agenda?

I want to play one half of the game but the other half can just go to hell.

Maybe start your own thread on the story discussion?

It really isn't necessary to talk about it in here. The last of us (yes, intended) who still plan on buying and playing it simply don't want to know anything, and tbh, the uproar's already spoiled it a bit as we're going into the game expecting to be disappointed now.

Soldato
The didn't model either Ellie or Joel after Troy or Ashley though, they have used someones face for Dina (Ellie's new love interest), if her face, why not the figure? Unless to push an ideology, hmmm

images

Can you take this drivel back to 4chan and leave the adults to discuss the game? You should have figured out by now the TLOU is a game made for adults, not teenage boys.

Soldato
Can you take this drivel back to 4chan and leave the adults to discuss the game? You should have figured out by now the TLOU is a game made for adults, not teenage boys.
Lol, brilliant insight there, classic 'cant attack the content, so go for the poster' very mature.

As to why it's no longer a purchase for me, simple, story. I will be quite happy to come back once folks have played through and discuss why.

Will people read reviews once they are out, rely on friends, or are just simply preordering because ND?

Soldato
Lol, brilliant insight there, classic 'cant attack the content, so go for the poster' very mature.

As to why it's no longer a purchase for me, simple, story. I will be quite happy to come back once folks have played through and discuss why.

Will people read reviews once they are out, rely on friends, or are just simply preordering because ND?

I've really got no motivation to get into a discussion with someone who thinks that the size of a video game character's breasts and 'idealogy' belong in the same sentence.

I'm glad people like you aren't buying the game, it reassures me that Naughty Dog have created a challenging, mature game, with some themes in it that are going to make me uncomfortable.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom