Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
You would lose about 1/3 of your fps. However games will be more immersive. You may need to tweak a few settings to get more optimal results. A trade off worth having imo especially for single player games.

Thank you..

Wow that's a lot of fps to lose but it makes sense to work out as an overall better experience.

Caporegime
Thank you..

Wow that's a lot of fps to lose but it makes sense to work out as an overall better experience.
3440x1440p is 4,953,600 pixels. 2560x1440 is 3,686,400. The difference isn't massive. Although a third sounds a lot it's doubtful you'd see a third loss of FPS exactly. Probably 20-25% but as above it's worth it.

Associate
Placed a pre-order....

Anyone have any experience with flat vs curved ultrawides? I'd much rather IPS vs a VA panel and for the price it's still a no brainer....but I keep hearing how much more immersive a curved screen is...which I feel must be exaggerated.

Caporegime
Placed a pre-order....

Anyone have any experience with flat vs curved ultrawides? I'd much rather IPS vs a VA panel and for the price it's still a no brainer....but I keep hearing how much more immersive a curved screen is...which I feel must be exaggerated.

I have an Alienware AW3418DW which is curved but once you’re using it you hardly notice it. Of course sitting 3 feet away the curve isn’t in the right place for you, but closer than that and it keep the screen a uniform distance from you. I don’t even notice it anymore.

Soldato
I have always spent well on monitors when necessary. My eyes are worth it. I had a 17" (1280x1024?) Iiyama monitor in the early 90s which I replaced with the 22" when it became available. I vaguely recall spending at least £500 on each.

Associate
It was a long time ago but I hope their quality is just as good as I remember lol
iiyama's warranty in the UK is great, I don't think they market for high end, but this is a great value product nevertheless. I can see these selling out very quickly, maybe covid 19 may slow the sales down but we will see.

Caporegime
OP
Where did you find out that it was the same panel as this? Some of the specs seems slightly different such as the brightness being 350 as opposed to 300.

No professional reviews yet, AFAIK, but if you cannot wait the acer XV340CK can be bought right now with the same panel.

Up until recently LG had a monopoly on ultrawide IPS technology screens, which naturally leads to those beings expensive. The panel in that iiyama is of Chinese make (BOE) and it looks like they are keen to undercut the market.

Associate
Luminance isn't a fixed value per panel. OEMs have control over that spec. For example, the following three monitors use the same screen but have their brightness specced at:

EDG34S: 400 nits
G34W-10: 350 nits
CU34G2X: 300 nits

Soldato
Interesting monitor, I was thinking of going 4k next but they are silly money, not sure if it's worth the upgrade over my current 27" 1440p 144hz Dell TN panel though and I'd struggle to sell it in the current situation

Back
Top Bottom