Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
Aaaaaaaaaargh!!

I've got a cluster of dead pixels right in the center of the goddamn screen!

qgBmx8G.png

yt7wRfr.png

I was hoping it was just dirt on the screen but i'm certain they're dead pixels :(

Sorry to see that. Mine was in the centre. Sucks.

I've received mine and touch wood, it seems to be all good. I am working from home today so I only had time to connect it up, run the eizo monitor tests and set up g-sync but so far so good. Didn't notice any pixels on the colour tests but I am yet to give it a proper try. SQL studio and visual studio do look good on it though! It is also surprising how noticeable 144hz is even on the desktop vs. my ancient 60hz samsung LCD I had before.

Coding in SSMS etc looks pretty good on it. I connected my work laptop and gaming rig to it at the same time - used the "Picture in Picture" function to have Sky news, netflix or whatever playing in the corner while using the rest of the screen for work. Pretty cool on an ultrawide.

Found "Picture by Picture" didn't work to great for me at two different resolutions but I still need to tinker with that.

Associate
Got mine this morning. Looks like it might have been dropped...

wtORHmEl.jpg

I played a bit of Forza before noticing and it is an incredible device, a huge upgrade on my 5 year old budget 29" ultrawide. DPD are picking it up on Tuesday but OCUK say they don't have any more on order so they can only refund me. Not sure what that says about my chances of picking up a replacement...
Guess all I can do is set a stock alert and wait.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Absolutely shocking that this is STILL a problem in this day and age, doesn't matter what price you pay, there should be no bleed whatsoever, sadly even the £800+ monitors still suffer these problems. The sooner OLED monitors arrive the better.

Thankfully I am in no hurry so will happily play the RMA panel lottery.

Associate
Got mine this morning. Looks like it might have been dropped...

wtORHmEl.jpg

I played a bit of Forza before noticing and it is an incredible device, a huge upgrade on my 5 year old budget 29" ultrawide. DPD are picking it up on Tuesday but OCUK say they don't have any more on order so they can only refund me. Not sure what that says about my chances of picking up a replacement...
Guess all I can do is set a stock alert and wait.

That looks almost the same condition as the one that I returned.

Does the bezel fit in that right hand corner? The one I had was definitely out of alignment

Last edited:
Associate
Got to say I am feeling a little nervous about receiving mine now as the number of panels with issues seems very high. Have OcUK been fine with accepting RMA. What are the criteria for returning?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Got to say I am feeling a little nervous about receiving mine now as the number of panels with issues seems very high. Have OcUK been fine with accepting RMA. What are the criteria for returning?

OcUK customer service are really good in my experience, so as long as it's a genuine issue you'll be fine.

Caporegime
OP
Could be that, although the reason the other monitors are so expensive are also down to monitor manufacturers and etailers gouging. Also, Gibbo confirmed 4/5 years ago when UW first came out that the reason they charge more is because of the people RMA'ing

Backlight bleed within reason like dead pixels is not a fault, so I guess it depends how they are feeling, LOL. Of course CCR can be used but legally if they believe it is used and cannot be resold they can essentially charge you a restocking fee (upto 25%).

I suspect the monitor price increases at etailers across the board is coming from increased returns on CCR due to backlight bleed, some people have good reason, the bleed is beyond acceptable, others returning for IPS glow and doing it several times over.

We keep CCR restocking charges to an absolute minimum, but it means we end up with a huge amount of B-grade monitors sold a big losses to the company, so we either increase upfront margin to cover it or we start implementing more CCR restocking fees.

On another note we have also applied huge pressure on certain manufacturers to start taking returns on monitors for excessive bleed so the retailer is not the ones getting stung.

If we're going to have to play the RMA game here, expect the prices for these to go up soon due to re-stocking fees.

Associate
I feel slightly guilty - this one seems fine. It has glow and a little bleed but I genuinely can't see them in any normal usage. I suspect rough handling at some point, I can't see anyone releasing a monitor with panels misaligned like I've seen here

Soldato
Mine arrived today. No dead pixels.

In terms of quality and image, out of the box it is absolutely outstanding. I'm absolutely over the moon with it for the cost. I haven't played with any of the settings yet, but picture is clear as day, and the colours seem vibrant.

Mind you, I don't have anything to compare it against as I've been a laptop gamer for nearly 20 years now, so take my comments with a pinch of salt. The last proper monitor I had was a 21" iiyama CRT.

Associate
I just got mine and got it set up and I have to say I THINK I may have been lucky here. I cant see any dead/stuck pixels on the colour tests I have done and other than a couple of things which were purely down to me I have to say it looks great so far.

My brightness was awful to being with which seemed weird as when it switches on a white screen is shown that nearly burns your retinas so I knew it couldn't be the panel, it was just a bit of faffing with the settings and looks good now.

Also had to re-read the thread to get gsync to work but its working perfectly now which is obviously a great bonus.

Like I said in a previous comment on the thread I'm not overly sensitive to things like bleed or uniformity, I just don't notice it that much so it's tough for me to comment on that given it's a personal thing. Its only been an hour so its early days in terms of judgement of course but I am very happy with mine, for the money its a bit of a steal if you dont face any of the issues that others on here unfortunately have.

Just got my new SSD delivered too so now I have the joy or reinstalling windows too :) But once it's done that clean Windows smell is a thing of beauty. Good being a geek sometimes I suppose.

Associate
It was all looking good for me, no dead pixels and backlight bleed that I only really noticed in a dark room with the lights off...Just started playing a game for a bit and had exactly half of the screen start artifacting all over the place. Kept going until I turned the monitor off and back on again, few reports of this online with this monitor. Maybe it was too good to be true! Going to give it a bit more of a test but maybe we have another RMA on our hands...

Soldato
WOW - just WOW

Thanks for the help guys - I have changed from HDMI cable to a DP Cable, enabled G-Sync and running at native res with 144MHZ - this is the BEST image I have seen with my eyes !!!

Caporegime
OP
It was all looking good for me, no dead pixels and backlight bleed that I only really noticed in a dark room with the lights off...Just started playing a game for a bit and had exactly half of the screen start artifacting all over the place. Kept going until I turned the monitor off and back on again, few reports of this online with this monitor. Maybe it was too good to be true! Going to give it a bit more of a test but maybe we have another RMA on our hands...

:/

Something tells me ocuk and other retailers won't be buying any more stock if there is going to be a high RMA count for these faulty monitors....

Back
Top Bottom