Man city escape ban! Or did they? [Update 6/2/23]

Soldato
Genuinely I have no clue. Part of me thinks UEFA issued the ban expecting CAS to overturn it just so they can say 'we tried'. Then again, the charges against City are far more serious than previous times UEFA suspended clubs.

I'm not sure banning them for the remainder of this season will be an option. If I were to guess then I'd say it'll either be a fine or a 1 year ban but that's nothing more than a guess.
If ban is upheld for 2 years then pep will be out of it
I think UEFA deliberately gave a 2 year ban in the foresight that it will be reduced to 1 year on appeal, that’s what I think will happen in June

Associate
They should get a ban if they broke a rule but the rule is beyond retarded. If they have the funds they should be able to spend it as they see fit. As long as they cannot leave a club in financial trouble if they want to spend 1 billion pounds on Messi they should be able to. All the current rules do is try to maintain the status quo and not allow anyone else to break in. Now though Liverpool fans have a massive interest in this all of a sudden and have become bitter and care about where the money comes from. Self interest, if you can kick them down you can maintain your top spot under the pretence of human rights.

If we care about actual fair play set a spending limit on all clubs equally for the season. Lets not kid ourselves this is about fair play.

Soldato
OP
They should get a ban if they broke a rule but the rule is beyond retarded. If they have the funds they should be able to spend it as they see fit. As long as they cannot leave a club in financial trouble if they want to spend 1 billion pounds on Messi they should be able to. All the current rules do is try to maintain the status quo and not allow anyone else to break in. Now though Liverpool fans have a massive interest in this all of a sudden and have become bitter and care about where the money comes from. Self interest, if you can kick them down you can maintain your top spot under the pretence of human rights.

If we care about actual fair play set a spending limit on all clubs equally for the season. Lets not kid ourselves this is about fair play.
You lost me at all liverpool fans, many fans of different clubs feel the same about city spending and other clubs that have done similar

Soldato

Absolute nonsense. Liverpool fans, including myself, have more of an issue where this money has come from. We've spent within our means and won something City haven't...a champions league. Run the club properly and you don't need to spend beyond your means.

Soldato

Oh dear oh dear.

fez

fez

Caporegime

OK I'll bite.

So what happens if the money suddenly disappears from City. The club would literally collapse.

Why is the transfer market so inflated currently?

Allowing clubs to basically ignore the normal rules of sustainability and organic growth is dangerous. When you remove the link between revenue and expenditure you are asking for trouble. It will work out OK in some circumstances but its very stupid.

Don
You two clearly don't know stig very well. Stig loves Ferrari and Man Utd and hates everything Mercedes and Liverpool and he will make that clear with every post - he's actually managed to get himself banned from the motorsports subforum for his posts in there.

Soldato
You two clearly don't know stig very well. Stig loves Ferrari and Man Utd and hates everything Mercedes and Liverpool and he will make that clear with every post - he's actually managed to get himself banned from the motorsports subforum for his posts in there.
I suppose some people can’t take their club and F1 team being in huge decline and not being anywhere near number1

Consigliere

Ah. Watta guy.

Back
Top Bottom