• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate

This guy demonstrates what it takes to max out a 750W PSU. He couldn't do it with an overclocked i9 and overclocked 2080Ti. He used an overclocked 9980XE, if you don't have one of those, you're good. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
IT wasn't launch as a gaming card, It's not marketed as a gaming card. It's a Prosumer card aimed at professional market. It's for those people who need the performance of a Quadro but don't need the EEC memory or the software support or can't afford it.

You know the only difference between the Quadro and the RTX Titan is the ECC Memory and the professional software support?

And the benchmarks prove that it is a prosumer card. Much better at professional applications than the 2080Ti but barely any better in gaming situations. And That's what all the reviews say about it, they recommend it for deep learning and AI etc, but not for gaming.

The Titan cards are now for professional applications. You can game on them, but they don't offer any real performance over the top gaming cards.

Nvidia did make this very clear when they launched the Titan V.
I did not know that the Titan RTX had difference hardware on board vs the 2080Ti that enabled it to be better in certain pro apps. My bad. That said, it is still the best gaming card none the less.

Soldato

This guy demonstrates what it takes to max out a 750W PSU. He couldn't do it with an overclocked i9 and overclocked 2080Ti. He used an overclocked 9980XE, if you don't have one of those, you're good. :)

I got 750w and ain't worried even with anOCd rtx3090

assume the 3090 is 400w, my 3950x draws 80w in games that's still way under 750w. Even if I run a game and cinebench at the same time that's still 100w under

Associate
Ran fine on 550w, but I do have a 1000w one now. :D

Granted, I went for it more because it was a killer deal rather than that it was necessary.
Always wise to buy above your needs at the time of purchase when it comes to a PSU.

I also have 1000w and have not needed anywhere near that much so far.

Soldato
Some guy who wanted to buy my RTX 2070 but was saying I need to lower the price because release date for the 30 series is in the next few days.. is it?

the release date is most likely set for the end of the year (September-December time) if you can get saving as when the new cards hit you have the luxury of getting the top card if you want

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Some guy who wanted to buy my RTX 2070 but was saying I need to lower the price because release date for the 30 series is in the next few days.. is it?
September at the earliest is my guess. Sure the 2070 price should be a bit lower, but there will be many willing to pay near brand new prices out there. I don't understand why, but they are out there if you look for them :p:D

Soldato

It’s likely to be the next few months possibly longer and then you have stock and even what cards are released. May not even see a 2070 equivalent until next year it may just be top end cards at first.

I don’t think you should lower the price. If they were to be announced soon or just released sure. But no concrete sign of any new cards yet.

Associate
I sold my second hand 1070 non Ti for the same amount I paid for it 18 months ago. If only I could do that with all future graphics cards :)

Soldato
I see two reasons one is to give Nvidia options should an RDNA2 card out perform their top product (i.e. they could call it a Titan at any point or not as they see fit) and 2nd to basically charge more for another high end SKU. I question the value of having 24GB because that’s why consoles are using ultra fast SSD so to my mind you’re better off doing the same in PC world when it becomes available rather than paying the inevitable premium for a GPU solution.

I agree that it would be the most elegant solution i don't think SSD speeds will reach close to that level (once all the middleman delays have been accounted for) for a reasonable price on PC anytime soon. It may also be a software problem as well. I think large amounts RAM and VRAM will be the solution on the PC side.

Permabanned
Both of my watercooled 2080ti's have needed an RMA, so far my air cooled 2080ti has outlasted both of them.
People can only go on there experiences at end of the day. You have had negative experiences on h20 were I have had nothing but positive. Been watercooling since 2007, all positive experiences.

Permabanned
I always liked to think that I would jump on any decent AMD rival card. Unfortunately my experience with my Vega 64 has led me to believe the advantage would need to be really significant.

The only compromise I've ever had to make with a Nvidia card was on price.
Last time in got an amd gpu was a 9800 back in 2002. Never again will I buy an amd cpu or gpu. My choice.

Soldato
Last time in got an amd gpu was a 9800 back in 2002. Never again will I buy an amd cpu or gpu. My choice.

amd cpus are fantastic now - and your experience isn't determined by graphics software drivers - it just works.

but for gpus I'm very much on the fence for ever going back to amd, not until I hear owners of amd cards stop complaining about driver issues. I suppose if amd released a gpu that was 50% faster than any Nvidia cars I'd have to jump on amd just for the raw performance but any less than that and it would very hard to justify unless the drivers are rock solid

Back
Top Bottom