*** Desk and Room Gallery***

C64

C64

Soldato
Complete setup. Added some Astro's to the mix, real happy overall with my system and setup. (Also the headphones and dock are straight, I dunno why they look squint in the photo :confused: ).

4dTajAT.jpg
how are those linnmon desks thinking of getting 2x small ones to set up as an L desk i heard they can be wobbly ?

Soldato
how are those linnmon desks thinking of getting 2x small ones to set up as an L desk i heard they can be wobbly ?

i think they are great for the money. You can either get different legs that adjust around 1 to 10 cm or what I done is use the adjuster on the cheaper legs that have about 1-2 cm of travel and that helped stabilise the slight uneven carpet I have.

Soldato
why do people buy those ikea worktops when you can get solid oak for around the same price ?
Likely for the conveience of not having to maintain it.

Curious, where from?
worktop-express seems to be the go to place.

I'm currently looking at either a Karlby from IKEA or solid Oak from worktop-express. I'm just worried about maintaining it for the first 6 weeks like recommended.

Soldato
For all those with solid wood worktops, how often do you guys have to maintain them through methods such as oiling or varnishing?

Also have you added additonal underside support where you don't have drawers?
Would be interested in this too as it's the only thing holding me back from getting one instead of the Karlby

Soldato
AFAIK, extra maintenance for counter tops with oil etc is only required if it's being used in a kitchen environment i.e. where it has to deal with water and foodstuffs. For use as a desk, just use whatever finish you want (e.g. varnish, poly) and that's it until/if it gets scratched or scuffed over years of use.

Soldato
AFAIK, extra maintenance for counter tops with oil etc is only required if it's being used in a kitchen environment i.e. where it has to deal with water and foodstuffs. For use as a desk, just use whatever finish you want (e.g. varnish, poly) and that's it until/if it gets scratched or scuffed over years of use.

Indeed, Since I built my desk using an oak worktop which I used oil to seal it, I've only waxed it twice in 3 years. Still looks like new.

Man of Honour

Yeah I've had mine for probably 18 months now (can't actually remember) but I've not treated it in any way. Got it home, stuck it on some legs and Alex drawers and used it straight away. Still looks as good as it did when I got it. I do use a OcUK desk mat so it doesn't get any wear from the mouse etc, but still, I don't think you need to treat it at all unless you're doing it for the aesthetics

Soldato
Likely for the conveience of not having to maintain it.

worktop-express seems to be the go to place.

I'm currently looking at either a Karlby from IKEA or solid Oak from worktop-express. I'm just worried about maintaining it for the first 6 weeks like recommended.

Prices are no where near an Ikea desk that's why. Cheapest is £95. One from Ikea is what, £30-£40? Unless you're talking the kitchen tops? Then they're slightly higher yes.

Back
Top Bottom