Best 24" 1080 Fps monitor sub £250

Soldato
That dell deal that's been mentioned would be hard to beat. This Asus VG259Q is very nice though, struggling to set it up properly as the colours out the box require some work

Received swiftly from Dell yesterday, simple to setup and build quality is phenomenal. Out of the box image quality was superb and the only thing I needed to do was lower the brightness a tad, other than that absolute quality.

Soldato
I feel 27 is too large at 1080?

I've got my 27 inch pushed to the back of my desk so it's 23 inches from my nose. That's just the right balance because I cant see any dots. I used to have a 24 inch monitor positioned much closer to me but then I lost a lot of deskspace. So my 27 inch probably looks like a 24 inch due to the distance.

Soldato
I've got mine about 2 feet away and all looks good to me. The only thing I'm now getting at the moment is AMD driver issues with Freesync... random desktop freezes, crashes and system reboots.

However turn Freesync off and system is fine, my other monitor didn't have this issue but suffered from brightness flickering. Although getting a bit miffed with these drivers lately and decided to switch to NVIDIA tomorrow and ordering a 2070S.

Associate
AOC 24G2 is great but if you cant stretch your budget and wait for the MSI mag251rx it might be worthwhie. Reviews have been stellar for the monitor.

Associate
Yeah i'm really tempted by that Alienware. I've been offered a BenQ XL2540 for £300 which is much cheaper than what they go for. I see no reason to get it over the Alienware though.

Soldato
Yeah i'm really tempted by that Alienware. I've been offered a BenQ XL2540 for £300 which is much cheaper than what they go for. I see no reason to get it over the Alienware though.

What also won it for me was the warranty, this includes a premium panel exchange and advanced exchange service over 3 years. Any dead or bright pixels gives you either a new monitor or panel.

Premium Panel Exchange:
Dell Premium Panel Exchange allows a free panel replacement during the Limited Hardware Warranty period even if only one bright pixel is found.

Advanced Exchange Service:
Your monitor comes with a 3-year Advanced Exchange Service so that if a replacement becomes necessary, it will be shipped to you the next business day during your 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty. Upgrade to 24x7 specialized technical phone support with Dell Pro Support option.

Soldato
Plan to order stuff later in the week, hopefully it'll still be in stock.

I was hesitant at first then I thought screw it and give it a try, if I don't like send it back!

Box was huge, well presented and provided a nice unboxing experience. Overall out of the box configuration was spot on, however I made some minor tweaks to the brightness and Walla.

For the price of £280 I personally think this will be very hard to beat!

Last edited:
Soldato
What also won it for me was the warranty, this includes a premium panel exchange and advanced exchange service over 3 years. Any dead or bright pixels gives you either a new monitor or panel.
I queried the pixel thing as it's a monitor I looked at, the guy on chat stated it won't cover pixels unless you upgrade the warranty

Associate
Great pics! That looks well sexy! Have you had a chance to game on it yet? How do you feel about it?

Also, i take it you went from 144hz to 240hz? How's that also? :)

Soldato
I queried the pixel thing as it's a monitor I looked at, the guy on chat stated it won't cover pixels unless you upgrade the warranty

Strange... I tested this over online chat, had to go though an online troubleshoot with an agent and made out I had a dead pixel and I could get a replacement within 2 days?

Soldato
Great pics! That looks well sexy! Have you had a chance to game on it yet? How do you feel about it?

Also, i take it you went from 144hz to 240hz? How's that also? :)

Played Borderland 3, Modern Warfare and F1 2019 without any issues. No ghosting, I have the response time in Fast mode... butter smooth! I took a resolution drop from 1440p to 1080p and the high frame rate was worth it for my needs.

Soldato
Strange... I tested this over online chat, had to go though an online troubleshoot with an agent and made out I had a dead pixel and I could get a replacement within 2 days?
Guy I spoke to said it's only covered if you upgrade to pro support

I know dell ultrasharp range does cover stuck and or dead pixels so I was surprised this didn't when I queried it especially due to cost

Soldato
Guy I spoke to said it's only covered if you upgrade to pro support

I know dell ultrasharp range does cover stuck and or dead pixels so I was surprised this didn't when I queried it especially due to cost

In this case, no idea. Agent took my service tag and details before anything took place and mine's covered?

Associate
Good to hear. I will say the stand looks slightly annoying for someone that hasnt got much deskspace like me. Looks like a bargain otherwise.

You downgraded from 1440p and heres me iffing and affing over whether to make the jump UP.

Soldato
In this case, no idea. Agent took my service tag and details before anything took place and mine's covered?
Mine was a query before potential purchase so who knows sales guy could have been dumb it took him 5 minutes to get me an answer in first place

Back
Top Bottom