What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I Know This Much Is True

TuIDFu6.jpg

Middle-aged Dominick Birdsey recounts his troubled relationship with Thomas, his paranoid schizophrenic twin brother, and his efforts to get him released from an asylum.

Just started watching HBO's new mini-series 'I Know This Much Is True'
Mark Ruffalo is fantastic as usual, great cast, great script, great acting, highly recommended.

8.4/10

Soldato
I've never seen Band Of Brothers and have just downloaded them all for a binge watch at work based on your recommendation - 10/10 is not to be ignored! :)

Get ready for lots of "oh it's that guy off...." :D

A huge springboard series for a lot of common place actors you see around these days. Even a young Tom Hardy in there at some point.

Associate
I really enjoyed BoB when I watched it many years ago.

A surprise hit for me at the moment has been Kingdom. I had seen good ratings for this so thought I would watch it. I didn't even realise it was a zombie film, which I quite like anyway. Oh....and the hats !!

Soldato
A bit late to the party but watched the first episode of Killing Eve last night - it was absolutely superb, understand the hype and constant harrassment from friends to watch it now.

Soldato
Almost finished season 2 of Dead To Me which is a fun little show indeed (and I have much love for Linda Cardellini)

Ah interesting, i really enjoyed the first season, then it turned out my wife didn't realise we watched it together and has watched the second series on her own.

I was debating watching it myself and she said it wasn't as good as the first and i wasn't missing much. Maybe she's just trying to make me feel better :p

Soldato
His Dark Materials on iPlayer.

I've been reading the books with my son and, having recently finished the first, thought we should finally watch the series. It's really good after 2 episodes. Seems to be bringing in some stuff from the 2nd book (I assume: we haven't got to these particular bits yet)

Unfortunately, it's only on iPlayer until Sunday evening, so will have to rush!

Soldato
Cardinal: 7.5/10

Made the mistake of watching all the current broadcast series of 'Cardinal' and enjoying it quite a lot. There's a major spoiler in it for one of the earlier series I haven't seen, so I regret not stopping after the first episode and heading to iPlayer for series 1.

Apart from the lead doing a rather annoying -- but eventually tolerable -- gruff whisper all the time, it's a pretty decent Skandi noir type cop drama. I'd say not in The Bridge's League, but better than Wisting. I'm two episodes into the first series now and need to go to bed before I accidentally fire up the third.

Associate
Just finished Bojack Horseman, took me a while to fully get it, but once you accept the surreal world it is an amazingly poignant story with characters who actually evolve in their own way. One of the best shows in ages.

Man of Honour
Just finished Bojack Horseman, took me a while to fully get it, but once you accept the surreal world it is an amazingly poignant story with characters who actually evolve in their own way. One of the best shows in ages.
It starts off thoroughly meh and “where is this going” and transforms to becoming one of the most poignant, touching, truthful and relevant shows ever made.

The only character that I can do without is Todd, I really don’t think he added much in the later seasons.

Caporegime
Ah interesting, i really enjoyed the first season, then it turned out my wife didn't realise we watched it together and has watched the second series on her own.

I was debating watching it myself and she said it wasn't as good as the first and i wasn't missing much. Maybe she's just trying to make me feel better :p

Tbh, as we were late to the party, we just watched the whole thing as one long season. We also started playing 'predict the twist' and only managed to get one right :D

Back
Top Bottom