Katie Hopkins Sacked

Caporegime
In case anyone was hoping for a permanent ban from twitter good old Katie is back up and running on twitter on a new account.

You can’t silence free speech I’m afraid.

so after 3, 1,2,3

WELCOME BACK KAITE HOPKINS ;)
Her new account will be closed as well I'd imagine. Just changing your account name doesn't make any prior bannings any less enforceable.

Isn't that right, Mrwong?

Soldato
Agreed. So why are your querying the fact i said there are a lot of racists in SA which explains why such a high proportion donates to KH as she appeals to them?

I'm pointing out that it's hypocrisy and generalising people is wrong, I didn't say I didn't agree with the statement.

Permabanned
What free speech?

She's got no entitlement to be given a platform by any company, especially if she's broken their T&C.

If in fact she has reregistered on twitter after a ban, expect her to be banned again as soon as Twitter put two and two together, then you can cry some more.

The point is it’s clear many don’t like her. Hell I don’t agree with half of what she rants about.
But on this matter she was speaking truth.
How on earth can you be penalised for speaking the truth of a subject (just more brash).?

I did not see one post where I thought, ok she has messed up there. Nothing was hate filled anything whatsoever.
Twitter just took her down because she was appealing to a larger audience and it’s not what they want to happen. She called out vile labour MP’s spouting hate and asked if they hated white people. ? That’s a question. ?

We will see what they do, you can’t keep someone off a platform it’s physically impossible with VPN and a simple username change.

Soldato
The point is it’s clear many don’t like her. Hell I don’t agree with half of what she rants about.
But on this matter she was speaking truth.
How on earth can you be penalised for speaking the truth of a subject (just more brash).?

I did not see one post where I thought, ok she has messed up there. Nothing was hate filled anything whatsoever.
Twitter just took her down because she was appealing to a larger audience and it’s not what they want to happen. She called out vile labour MP’s spouting hate and asked if they hated white people. ? That’s a question. ?

We will see what they do, you can’t keep someone off a platform it’s physically impossible with VPN and a simple username change.

Why can’t we swear on here?

I want to call @Mushy Peas a **** because it’s true but I can’t.

More seriously, why should I be banned for swearing on here? Or get a warning (which would lead to a ban) for posting the football score in a football thread?

Why? Because they’re the rules and they’re enforced by the decisions made by the mods. Some people get away with things, other things get missed and others get banned.

Man of Honour
The term "final solution" isn't exclusive to the Nazi genocide. Surely she meant in terms a final solution to stop this happening again?

I don't agree with everything she says, but it does mean half I do and IMO, she was spot on with he lunchtime meals.

People should be allowed to have an opinion. Not everyone has to agree, and it doesn't have to be right or otherwise. This is the basis of debate.

Caporegime
The term "final solution" isn't exclusive to the Nazi genocide. Surely she meant in terms a final solution to stop this happening again?

I don't agree with everything she says, but it does mean half I do and IMO, she was spot on with he lunchtime meals.

People should be allowed to have an opinion. Not everyone has to agree, and it doesn't have to be right or otherwise. This is the basis of debate.

Stop using common sense and intelligence.

Soldato
In case anyone was hoping for a permanent ban from twitter good old Katie is back up and running on twitter on a new account.

You can’t silence free speech I’m afraid.

so after 3, 1,2,3

WELCOME BACK KAITE HOPKINS ;)

If you're going to support that waste of skin you might as well figure out how to correctly spell her name. I get as you hold down CAPS and smash away at your keyboard it might be difficult.

Soldato

Well, she didn't mean a final solution as in she thinks all Muslims should be taken to camps, but she's also aware of how loaded that term is because she's quite intelligent, she knew it would get a reaction. Completely agree regarding her right to an opinion.

Soldato

I would have thought a mod of all people would understand that on a privately owned platform you conform to the rules or GTFO?

Soldato
Roar87 said:
I'm pointing out that it's hypocrisy and generalising people is wrong, I didn't say I didn't agree with the statement.

What you don't seem to realise Tony is that I think it's okay to speak in general terms sometimes, you guys don't, except when you're referring to groups of people you don't like. Such as Brexit voters, "Gammons", Tories, Americans, the Police, etc. These are all groups comprised of individuals.

Soldato
What you don't seem to realise Tony is that I think it's okay to speak in general terms sometimes, you guys don't, except when you're referring to groups of people you don't like. Such as Brexit voters, "Gammons", Tories, Americans, the Police, etc. These are all groups comprised of individuals.
I was just trying to highlight that you do generalise people even though you know/think its wrong.

Personaly I dont think all brexiters are gammons but Ive not heard a decent argument that cant be countered as to why people voted for it and we would be better off. We will be in the future and already are worse off because of brexit.

Im quite happy to generalise.

Soldato
So youve never once said those lefties, blacks, trans? Seriously have a word with yourself about what you get all offended about.

lol lefties maybe referring to people on here, but Trans and blacks? Do you just invent in your head what you think I've said?

Seriously, either start quoting specific posts that I've made or stop making things up.

Soldato
lol lefties maybe referring to people on here, but Trans and blacks? Do you just invent in your head what you think I've said?

Seriously, either start quoting specific posts that I've made or stop making things up.
Im not going to bother to look through your posts to find something. Its childish what you are asking, its not a big deal or an insult to be told you do generalise.

Caporegime
Well, she didn't mean a final solution as in she thinks all Muslims should be taken to camps, but she's also aware of how loaded that term is because she's quite intelligent, she knew it would get a reaction. Completely agree regarding her right to an opinion.

Oh I am pretty sure that is exactly what she meant as she has previously referred to them as "cockroaches". And yes she knew exactly how it would be taken when she wrote those words as well.

Back
Top Bottom