How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
I thought it wasn't 'out there' enough and was a bit dull (says he who bought a blue car). At the time I bought my Focus my other half had a Fiesta ST in molten orange (I think that was the name) and I always coveted that colour.

Soldato
It wasn't easy choosing the colour when I was ordering mine. I didn't like Tangerine Scream at all Stealth Grey looked too much like it had skipped the paint booth and Race Red wasn't all that nice in the flesh. In the end I went for Deep Impact Blue which is nice enough but a bit dull.

Soldato
I love the Deep Impact Blue. I’ve got an STD Estate as a company car. I work in the Bodyshop trade so Stealth just reminded me of primer and for the Tangerine Scream Ford wanted £800 for it as an optional extra.

Soldato
Avon ZZ5. Just got two fitted to the front for the winter, just under £200 fitted (these are the optional 19 inch wheels). Very good price.

Easily as good as the Michelin PS2's that were fitted as standard. Though some may disagree.
The Avon tyres also have the same decent rim protection system as the stock PS2's.
I've fitted these to my last two cars, both Focus ST3's. Latest is a 2018 MK3.
ATS is still doing a deal on AVON tyres.

Soldato
My ps4's have been a brilliant balance of performance a d wear compared to any other tyres in my ST, circa 10k on the front and I still have 4.5/5mm tread left - this is compared to having to replace Dunlop's after 12 months and the same mileage

Soldato
A lot depends on your driving style (freely admit that I have a slightly heavy right foot:D) and types of journey/s I suppose. Pretty much all my driving is on local rural Scottish back roads, not like there's any other sort of roads round here. Great for a petrol head.

The PS2's on the front only lasted me approx 9k (2mm or less of tread by then). Same on both Focus ST's.

Never had a problem with wear from the AVON tyres. Seem to remember them lasting as long as the PS2's (IE. around 10k on the front). Used them all round on the car/s previous to the ST's (IE. three different Scoobies).

The PS4's are pretty good tyres though from all accounts. Though pretty expensive. Depends really on what you want to spend. Not convinced that they are 60%+ better than the AVONs. Only my personal opinion here:)

Associate
Had my MK3.5 ST for a couple of years now, last year put a Miltek resonated on it and very happy with it. Thinking about going for a map and been looking at the Collins. Seems they have a new version of the popular CP2 package which they have called the CP2v2. Annoyingly my fstoc paid membership ran out the other day so I've not been able to read up on it much. Anyone had an experience with the Collins maps? It's on sale just now too...

https://collinsperformance.com/shop...t250-2/cp-i-flash-focus-st250-stage-2v2-only/

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anybody got any previous experience with Dreamscience? https://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/
Was thinking of maybe getting a few upgrades to my Mk 4 Focus ST

I used DS on my mk2 ST. Spent quite a few bob with them and the service was good. They’re a decent bunch and knowledgeable which is what you’d want.

Heard they have good gains on the mk4 st, but do try other tuners and see how they all compare. Ask as many questions as you can.

Soldato
The preferred Ford tuners, from looking at the RS side, so they do ST as well are the usual favourites, Mountune, MSD, Dreamscience, Revo. I currently run Dreamscience on the RS, they do seem to offer power upgrades without mandatory hardware upgrades that some say is required.

Soldato
Had my MK3.5 ST for a couple of years now, last year put a Miltek resonated on it and very happy with it. Thinking about going for a map and been looking at the Collins. Seems they have a new version of the popular CP2 package which they have called the CP2v2. Annoyingly my fstoc paid membership ran out the other day so I've not been able to read up on it much. Anyone had an experience with the Collins maps? It's on sale just now too...

https://collinsperformance.com/shop...t250-2/cp-i-flash-focus-st250-stage-2v2-only/

I've had my RS on Collins Performance 420 High Torque map without problems for nearly 4 years now, great power delivery and drivability overall. Can't comment on ST250 maps first hand, but have heard they're pretty decent from people.

Associate
I emailed Collins just to confirm a few things however they didn't get back to me. Have also phoned on three occasions now the last three days and assured someone would get back to me....nothing so far. After hearing all the positive feedback Collins seems to get I'm very disapointed in the lack of service. Had planned on buying the map, intercooler, short shifter and engine mount from them.

Totally get that the whole COVID situation has caused a bit of a backlog but not being able to even reply to an email in 5 days or a few phonecalls makes me wonder how the service would be if I had any issues.

Going to look elsewhere now.

Soldato
I emailed Collins just to confirm a few things however they didn't get back to me. Have also phoned on three occasions now the last three days and assured someone would get back to me....nothing so far. After hearing all the positive feedback Collins seems to get I'm very disapointed in the lack of service. Had planned on buying the map, intercooler, short shifter and engine mount from them.

Totally get that the whole COVID situation has caused a bit of a backlog but not being able to even reply to an email in 5 days or a few phonecalls makes me wonder how the service would be if I had any issues.

Going to look elsewhere now.

The collins 2v2 is amazing.... i would be patient and try again. I know they are absolutely hammered at the moment as i nipped over for a gear knob last week and the place was heaving with booked in cars. I live only 8 miles away so i nip over quite a bit for parts and so on.... very nice guys and very much sticklers for detail in all the jobs they do.

Associate
Any tyre recommendations for the MK3 ST?

Thinking

Eagle F1AS5
Michelin PS4
Premium Contact 6

I had an MK3 with Goodyear Eagle F1s fitted bit changed them to PS4s (front only) when I'd turned them to slicks. Night and day, PS4s are mighty.

When the car lease was up the original tyres were still on the rear having covered 44k miles which I thought was impressive.

Back
Top Bottom