Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Could be interesting. Ferrari with their testing car, will merc use DAS, will red bull be able to mount a challenge. Love the Mercedes black livery, I’d say it’s one of my favourites ever. Wonder whether we’ll get an unexpected result.

Caporegime
Could be interesting. Ferrari with their testing car, will merc use DAS, will red bull be able to mount a challenge. Love the Mercedes black livery, I’d say it’s one of my favourites ever. Wonder whether we’ll get an unexpected result.
Certainly with no known number of races but likely 10-12 teams could be ultra Conservative and avoid being too racey knowing that a retirement could be a huge disadvantage but some other teams may look at it as a chance for fast points early. If one driver ends up 20+ points ahead after 4 races it could be very difficult to catch them.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Merc won’t use DAS. Red Bull have said they’d lodge a complaint if they do!

With potentially so little races, Merc won’t want the headache of a competitor causing a fuss and throwing results under scrutiny.

I’d like to see it in action, mind you.

Man of Honour

With potentially so little races, Merc won’t want the headache of a competitor causing a fuss and throwing results under scrutiny.

Bottas said they might just a week or so ago. I doubt they care if red bull would do that. The FIA gave the go ahead after all.

In many ways I hope they do just to upset red bull.

Im not sure who to support this year. We have hypocritical Mercedes, whining red bull and cheating Ferrari.

Soldato

:D:p;)

Caporegime

That seems like sensible reasoning from Merc. They likely have the best car anyway so why take unnecessary risks?

Yeah, I was looking forward to that. I'm still annoyed that they banned it for future seasons.

Caporegime
That seems like sensible reasoning from Merc. They likely have the best car anyway so why take unnecessary risks?

Yeah, I was looking forward to that. I'm still annoyed that they banned it for future seasons.
Usual story of costs. For other teams to implement it, and they feel they’d have to it just increases spending. Smaller teams might not be able to develop it due to costs as well so it would just increase the gap between Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull. I know it feels like any innovation is stopped but hopefully once the cap comes in we might see something happening on that front.

Soldato

Where have you heard that Merc won't use DAS? Fia already ruled it was fine for this season did they not? What changed that I missed?

Soldato
Thought so, well they'll definitely be running it then, you don't spend all that time and money developing a system as promising as that and then not bother to use it. Can't wait to see it in action.

Also we have 8 races in the next 10 weeks. Now that is exciting. No more waiting for weeks for each race. Hope they add more races soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom