Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Lol yes we are still buddies! Up 6% today. First time it’s been green since the day I purchased it....!

Good stuff mate. That would take you quite a while in the bank so nothing to be sniffed at! Don't know if you have a big position but still, solid company. I'm holding but the going might get rough again with lockdowns and so on.

Soldato
This is an interesting way of looking at the tesla action yesterday. In the morning it went up by the entire market cap of GM. In the afternoon it dropped by the entire market cap of BMW. Madness.

Soldato
This is an interesting way of looking at the tesla action yesterday. In the morning it went up by the entire market cap of GM. In the afternoon it dropped by the entire market cap of BMW. Madness.

And today is a new day, for more madness. :)

I'd love to be a fly n the wall at X company board meetings who make cars now. It would be very interesting to hear the thoughts and opinions that are not aired publicly about how they will be fine, and it is just a flash in the pan etc. Or maybe it would be the opposite, and they'd be worried about how they will survive in the new market going forward in the next 10-15 years. Imagine an TO of someone like BMW by Tesla. :eek:

Soldato
Does anyone here have stock in Nvidia (NVDA)? There total market cap has recently exceeded Intel's which is quite a feet given that 'Big Blue' has been top dog for a long time.
I do & held for a very long time although have taken profit along the way too. I said on these forums a few years ago something along the lines of not being surprised if they bypass Intel in market cap. NV recently signed deals with BMW and Mercedes. In the case of BMW they're working on helping them automate more of their factory processes, including robots heading off to warehouses to collect parts to be use on the assembly line. They're obviously much more than just gaming GPU's now :)
If it looks like the nasdaq has topped I might be tempted to sell some but feel it's a solid company that will continue growing, longer term, in my opinion.
Worth mentioning too is that Jenson reckons in the future there will be no need for CPU's. Not sure I buy that at the moment. So while some think Intel is going after NV with their forthcoming Intel GPU's, it seems more like it could be more out of necessity, otherwise they might not survive.

Last edited:
Associate
Hemogenyx finally jumped up :D

quick question, I buy shares under an ISA that I mainly use for index funds. If I want to buy some US stocks am I correct I need another broker and can’t use an ISA? They don’t seem to be listed on mine anyway by default

Last edited:
Soldato
Hemogenyx finally jumped up :D

quick question, I buy shares under an ISA that I mainly use for index funds. If I want to buy some US stocks am I correct I need another broker and can’t use an ISA? They don’t seem to be listed on mine anyway by default
You can use an ISA and same broker if they allow access to US markets.
You may need to complete a form called W8-BEN which your broker should mention somewhere and link to it

Soldato
Good to hear tech stock holders doing well. I had a stock 2 years ago that was nearly 50% of a portfolio, seems like all these might have done similar for who held them in any amount. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/11/rebalancing-strategies.asp

I reckon INTC over NVDA next ten years just because of dividends and EPS but it might just grow EPS as fast the price is projecting. Seems like we have inflation reflected in stock prices before many other measures would show it, which means inaccuracy and volatility.

Soldato
TSLA pre- market up again. Glad I didn't open that short position I was eyeing up....
Where do you short? Not tempted to try it but interested as found information lacking for UK folks wishing to short stocks on US market, or maybe I just haven't look enough. I'm still stuck in the past using old school online brokers :)

Back
Top Bottom