Group of lads jumped on my new car last night

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's all very strange, neither possibilities make sense. If the neighbours are making it up, both mother and son are in on it, and have gone to great lengths to do this.

I really hope the coop CCTV comes through. Regardless of anything, it would have at the very least caught the car in question. If it doesn't, I know my neighbours are lying.

Thing is, if they have made it up, that in itself is risky. They didn't know I wasn't looking out the window at the time, and actually it was them who told me about the CCTV at the coop.

Nothing adds up.

It really doesn't strike me as a lie, but I know my car and unless he floated over it, there's no way there wouldn't be any damage.

I've seen a TT where the wind has blown the door into a window sill causing £2000 worth of damage as the door literally bent in half. They are very weak cars.

Last edited:
Associate
What will the CCTV prove? If the lads were at a store at said hour and...

How can this be linked to your car?

As pointed out there are strict controls on releasing CCTV footage? Something is not adding up - not wanting to throw around accusations but as mentioned, I would safeguard your property, and leave it at that.

Soldato
OP
What will the CCTV prove? If the lads were at a store at said hour and...

How can this be linked to your car?

As pointed out there are strict controls on releasing CCTV footage? Something is not adding up - not wanting to throw around accusations but as mentioned, I would safeguard your property, and leave it at that.

If there was no car captured during the time it proves the neighbours are lying.

If it shows them parked outside my house, and someone getting out and running down my driveway then that's different.

Sorry I should have said, our house is nearly opposite where the coops camera is.

I'd love to be able to post a conclusion to this thread rather than leave it open ended and up for debate.

The form has been filled in so just waiting to hear back. If it comes to nothing then fair enough.

Last edited:
Associate
Like I said, people are strange. There could be some motive for the 'helpful' neighbours lying to you, it's easier to get someone else to fight your battles. Maybe they had a run in with the kids and are trying to use you for payback. Maybe they've got a secret issue with you, maybe they're just bored, maybe they're weirdos.

If there's not even a rubber scuff from a trainer or the dust on the car is untouched you've got to at least consider all angles.

Getting a camera will protect you moving forward.

Maybe they thought you'd storm round there and kick off.

I think I would log it with the police, explain you don't want to make a complaint but your neighbour told you of the incident and you'd like it on record in case anything else happen in future.

Associate
Personally, the next time you are passing I would thank the neighbour for their vigilance and thats it. You have secured the car as much as you can. Not much else you can do, you could report it to the Police as LCG mentions. it's your call.

Forget about the CCTV - if you go down the path of advising the police, and the police feel there is enough evidence to pursue - it will be for the investigating officer to obtain. Car undamaged - will the police really want to pursue...?

I was burgled years back and the police knew who the perp was - nothing came of it, I wanted to go all out Equaliser but then... :p

Caporegime
I guess that's the problem of having a nice car in a **** area (if these eejits live round the corner it can't be all that brilliant).

A lot of people saying don't go to the police, and perhaps they are right, I don't have any experience in these matters.

But sure if everybody takes the same approach, these scrotes are empowered and become (at least in their own minds) invincible? Ie more likely to do it again to someone else, and never have any fear of consequences.

Soldato
OP
Well the plot thickens,

The co-op have just phoned me to say they have heard back from their security team. They say in order for me to see the video myself I have to go to the police, however they have seen the video themselves and confirmed a car did pull up outside my house, a lad jumped out and ran down my driveway and what looked like two others holding phones recording it. The car matched my neighbours description.

So there you have it....

Regarding me living in a bad neighbourhood....no. The houses here are much more expensive due to the low crime and the fantastic two local schools. We have been here 12 years and up until now had no trouble at all. I guess you get idiots anywhere you live.

Soldato
Well the plot thickens,

The co-op have just phoned me to say they have heard back from their security team. They say in order for me to see the video myself I have to go to the police, however they have seen the video themselves and confirmed a car did pull up outside my house, a lad jumped out and ran down my driveway and what looked like two others holding phones recording it. The car matched my neighbours description.

So there you have it....

Regarding me living in a bad neighbourhood....no. The houses here are much more expensive due to the low crime and the fantastic two local schools. We have been here 12 years and up until now had no trouble at all. I guess you get idiots anywhere you live.

I would probably get the police involved then if it was me.

Soldato
Well the plot thickens,

So there you have it....

That's was good by co-op nice to see them co-operating with you. That being said i would go to the police as although it didn't do any damages this time they might try it again.

Caporegime
So is the OP saying they didn't run over his car, just went on his driveway?

Or is the car not covered by the CCTV and therefore you don't actually know?

Yeah, odd phrasing. If they just ran along the drive why would you bother with the police?

Trespassing is not even something the police deal with, it's a civil matter.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately the co-op CCTV only covers 1/4 of my house and driveway. The car is out of view. The only thing it shows is that the car in question pulling up for a couple of mins, someone jumping out and running down the driveway whilst two others are recording it. Now, I know there are some stupid people out there, but why would you record someone running down a driveway? I'm inclined at this point to believe my neighbours. They have a very clear view of our driveway from all of their windows and would have easily seen what was going on.

Caporegime
Lad probably did it for a dare and his mates probably just sent it around on Whatsapp to other friends, or it's on Tik-tok somewhere.

Hopefully they won't do it again and it's just a freaky one off event

Caporegime
Buy a small camping stove, the kind that screws into the top of the mini gas cans.

Place little stove under thier car under the petrol tank, light stove, leave.

Enjoy the resulting mushroom cloud and orange glow later that night

Back
Top Bottom