Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Oh very nice :)

Desk has changed a lot recently as well. I've decided to go quite minimalist and just use a laptop. Currently using my work laptop until September then I will likely get a Macbook Pro. Painted the back wall and plan to add a frame in the centre of the wall.

Desperately need an office chair but haven't decided on which one yet.

DSCF8849.jpg

Soldato
Desk has changed a lot recently as well. I've decided to go quite minimalist and just use a laptop. Currently using my work laptop until September then I will likely get a Macbook Pro. Painted the back wall and plan to add a frame in the centre of the wall.

Love the contrast in colours - looks great! Yeah it just needs some Macification now :D Maybe you could use one of those hot swap desk things for MacBook that I see people use.

Soldato
What have you done with your speakers @LiE ?

Deffo recommend the herman miller office chairs. I was lucky enough to be given two of the ones in my picture by my father in law when he was downsizing his business. I've had them for about 6-7 years and they are the best thing I have ever sat on, never have any back issues even when sitting on them from 7am - 11pm.

Soldato
I’ve really wanted to try these Herman Miller chairs - Everyone raves about them! But £1000 (just what I’ve seen on Google) for an office chair?! :eek: I’d want it to do more than just cushion my behind :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Deffo recommend the herman miller office chairs. I was lucky enough to be given two of the ones in my picture by my father in law when he was downsizing his business. I've had them for about 6-7 years and they are the best thing I have ever sat on, never have any back issues even when sitting on them from 7am - 11pm.

Shall look into the chair, thanks.

Speakers have been returned, at low volume/casual listening which is 90% of the time they sounded average, but was to be expected I guess since they need power to get those speakers producing good sound.

They had a couple QC issues which I used to leverage a return.

Caporegime

Interesting.

With working from home if it actually saves your back it's worth it

Soldato
Speakers have been returned, at low volume/casual listening which is 90% of the time they sounded average, but was to be expected I guess since they need power to get those speakers producing good sound.

That is a shame but handy you were able to return them. I listen to my Dali Spektor 2's on low volume with my Onkyo A-9010 amp and they have a lot of detail, highly recommend them. They also come in white, just not as pretty as the QA you had.

Interesting.

With working from home if it actually saves your back it's worth it

Exactly. I used to go through office chairs no end. They were not comfy for all day sitting and often the padding would completely dissapear after a year or so. The Herman millers I was given (model indicates to an Aeron - has info of '1BODPP' on the bottom with the year 2008) still feel like the day I received them. They were in mint condition any way but they have a kinda mesh material which acts as the cushioning.

Hmm that’s a more reasonable price, but still a lot for just an office chair. Would these be like “an office chair for life” sort of thing?

I would say so. I've had mine 6-7 years. They were given to me from a business environment so I can imagine had a lot of use there. Manufacture date indicates 2008. They don't look worn at all, apart from a few scruff marks on the back when I moved house.

Soldato
"Just" an office chair - you spend 8 hours a day in it, more if you game/do hobbies at a desk. Same as beds and shoes, you spend 1/3 of your life in each. Anyone who's had chronic back issues knows a good chair is important. And you may as well get one that'll last, instead of a new one every 2-3 years.

Soldato

DSCF8849.jpg

That looks incredibly smart. Not sure how I'd feel about losing my external monitor mind you.

What size is that Lenovo?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That looks incredibly smart. Not sure how I'd feel about losing my external monitor mind you.

What size is that Lenovo?

It's a Thinkpad 13, it has a 1080p screen but things are a little small so I'm using 125% scaling. I think my preference would be for a 15" laptop when I replace this.

Soldato
How much did you guys pay for you 'ikea mock up desk' the storage units and the worktops? I'm looking at doing the same thing, how did you go about adjusting the heights if needed, are they supplied with rubber to stop the top slipping?

Also what thickness were the worktops you went for?

Back
Top Bottom