Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
I had a couple of KTMs. The first one was 690 Duke, that I had every possible upgrade on including the race cam, cat delete and akra. Great bike but loosened fillings! The second was an 1190 adventure. All sorts of issues, oil leak, fuel pump filters and multiple trips to the dealer. When it was good it was fine but it was inconsistent.

Both bikes clearly built to a budget. Poor fastener quality and lots of cheap plastic.

You pays your money and takes your chances.

would I buy another? No.

Matt

Just one of those 'itches to scratch' i suppose.

Won't be my final bike, who knows what i'll get next, but i'll try and enjoy it for now whilst the going is good.

Rich.

Soldato

Won't be my final bike, who knows what i'll get next, but i'll try and enjoy it for now whilst the going is good.

Rich.
You can’t but try bikes! My ktm enduro bike has been faultless and it only comes with a 30 day warranty which is next to useless anyway!

I’m a few steps away from getting a 790 adventure r to do some of the TET on as well as some commuting. There’s not a lot out there that comes close and there are some great deals at the moment.

Man of Honour
Schubeth S2 sport......what are they like? I know they tend to be a size smaller in fitting compared to most other brands.

Noise, comfort? Any good/bad points to note?

Rich.

My Schuberth C3 Pro was exactly the same firment as my Shoei GT-Air. Both brands tend to make helmets for people with an intermediate oval head shape.

Soldato
Does anyone keep a bike out on a main road?

45Je.png

We've just bought the property outlined and it has an allocated parking space. I think it'll be more effort than it is worth to try and wheel it round to the rear garden so I'm sort of left with the choice of do I move my bike back to my mothers and just pick it up as and when I want to ride it or do I leave it in the allocated space. I don't think I'll be allowed to install an anchor into the parking space so I'm wondering what provisions I could do to make sure it's 'safe' out on a main road. Annoyingly it's around a corner so I can't even see it from the house.

I'm guessing a big massive heavy duty chain for the back wheel but not sure that would be enough? I already have a Oxford Monster disc lock but I don't want to just rely on that. Any ideas?

Soldato
Assuming there is no lamppost? Tbh cover and disc lock kept my bike safe for years but try your luck, ask if you can install a discreet ground anchor. You bought the place so it's not unreasonable...

I can't remember if there is going to be a lamppost there, i think it'll be a tree. I did think about asking about that, I just figured they'd get all arsey about it. my bike is pretty much always under a cover as well so should keep prying eyes away... hopefully.

unrelated but you'd think that! Even asking about having a Sky dish put up seemed like a hard time with them!

Soldato
Your location says Bristol, my advice, keep it out of sight!

I don't know if the thieving little scrotes still operate around Bristol but I'd take every precaution I could.

I believe they're still about so I take no chances and have it sat in the back garden most the time!

Then you have the other option, do it, don't ask, see if anyone complains :) tbh these guys typically don't check so unless your neighbours get all ******....

You could also be cheeky, say that your parking spot is being stolen all the time so you need a lockable bollard, use that to lock your bike!

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission I suppose. If only we could afford somewhere with a garage :mad::(

Soldato
Been quite enjoying Zack doing his Daily Rider series and although this one isn't something you'd actually daily ride, it's good fun to hear it and interesting to hear about the bike if you know little about them. :)

Associate

Rich.

Well the going is no longer good, after being back to the dealer for a radiator leaking, over 2 weeks in their workshop, i've had bike in my possession for about 4.5 of 6.5 ownership.....it's now somehow loosing coolant again.

I've emailed the dealer telling them i want to return it for a refund. Hopefully not too much hassle, but does anyone see there being a problem? Problem arose just 14 days after buying, but got it back after the first 30 day period. I have given them a chance to repair it, and the law states i'm entitled to ask for a refund minus fair use of the bike whilst i've had it in the first 6 months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well the going is no longer good, after being backl to the dealer for a radiator leaking, over 2 weeks in their workshop, i've had bike in my possession for about 4.5 of 6.5 ownership.....it's now somehow loosing coolant again.

I've emailed the dealer telling them i want to return it for a refund. Hopefully not too much hassle, but does anyone see there being a problem? Problem arose just 14 days after buying, but got it back after the first 30 day period. I have given them a chance to repair it, and the law states i'm entitled to ask for a refund minus fair use of the bike whilst i've had it in the first 6 months.

Is this the KTM? That sucks, let us know how you get on.

Associate
Managed to get a decent ride out today, weather was perfect. Clocked up about 170 miles in total, started at Seaham (UK North East) and followed the coast north, stopped at some castles along the way

ggHbArk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom