Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
That's very good move I think.

To play what day one? Just keep xbx and wait few years to see what's released on ps5?

Day one console just seems pointless, whatever console you decide on.... If you have a pc already.

Last edited:
Soldato
To play what day one? Just keep xbx and wait few years to see what's released on ps5?

Day one console just seems pointless, whatever console you decide on.... If you have a pc already.

He may want to play Spiderman or games in the ps4 back catalogue. I'm not sure there is enough to warrant either on launch but some people just like having stuff when it's released.
I doubt the price of the console will drop enough to matter if you get it on day one or day 365.

Associate
Spiderman don't NEED to play day one, seems like a lot for 1 game.... Don't sound like full game more like dlc.

All down to console price if they are below 499 or above it.

Soldato
My PS4 is on its last legs and I don't own a PC anymore. I am getting the PS5 day one because I really want the upgrade and I've just bought a 4K TV. I've barely touched the XB1 this gen but I have had some good times with it. I am more heavily invested in PSN so I will stay with that until MS can show me some exclusives that I cannot ignore. Gears, Forza and Halo don't really do it for me anymore though I have enjoyed all of them in the past.

Caporegime
OP
There's no way I'm not getting PS5 on day one (unless I'm dead) as I've been putting off playing so much PS4 stuff waiting to try it out on the new hardware, even if the improvements are only going to be quicker load times.

I feel like a huge burden is lifted from my shoulders now I've decided my strategy for next gen. As long as Lockhart (Xbox Series S?) is real, that's the one I'm going for with a PS5 and my PC.

Soldato
Mr PC is 10+ years old and running vista :p

I plan to sell my One X and use my old xbox one I never got rid of then buy the series x at launch. I have £150 reward points to use and I bought a £200 of MS credit online at a discount so should be able to get one from the xbox store reasonably cheap assuming they sell them on there.

Also toying about with the idea of picking up a PS4 when they tank in price and play through a few exclusives. I did the same with the PS3. I feel like the PS5 is going to be more expensive than the xbox but we shall see.

The beauty of xbox being I don't have to pay for games and they will run better on the Series X. Also nice to be getting Destiny DLC free.

Soldato
Spiderman don't NEED to play day one, seems like a lot for 1 game.... Don't sound like full game more like dlc.

All down to console price if they are below 499 or above it.

Of course not, it's a console not life saving medication. Just because you don't want to doesn't mean others don't 'need' to. Want often goes above need.

Soldato
Of course not, it's a console not life saving medication. Just because you don't want to doesn't mean others don't 'need' to. Want often goes above need.
As far as tech is concerned want always comes before need unless the thing you already have is broken or so out dated it's useless. It's good to want shiny things. :)

Soldato
As far as tech is concerned want always comes before need unless the thing you already have is broken or so out dated it's useless. It's good to want shiny things. :)

Absolutely. I actually discovered one of my favourite games because I bought early and there was a lack of options on PS4 at the time (AC Black Flag)

Soldato
I'd expect by launch that the controller will be given the full colour range and Lab treatment, so you can have your funky designs. It's only a series of minor tweaks and a new button after all :)

Caporegime
OP
That's what I think it will turn into for next gen.

It wont be Series X vs PS5, it will be Gamepass Ultimate vs PS5.

Well they better sort out the PC part of it. It's pants compared to what you can get on the Xbox. It will get better as Microsoft's first party start launching their games but a lot of what's on PC Game Pass has already been given away for free by Epic.

Associate
Well they better sort out the PC part of it. It's pants compared to what you can get on the Xbox. It will get better as Microsoft's first party start launching their games but a lot of what's on PC Game Pass has already been given away for free by Epic.

Get a Xbox then, sorry we already pay for live when pc gets it for free.

We also paying more for gamepass.

Back
Top Bottom