• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Navi 21 PTT
"No orders for 2nd Gen Navi. Earliest launch November."
"No 2.5D type [i.e. HBM2] for 2nd Gen Navi"
"'Big sister' and 'second sister' can only use N7+"
"Only 'little sister' may be in time to use N(&*^$&^*) node."
"Now testing/examining 3rd Gen Navi, busy....
Took a look at the the layout
Erm, biggest revolution for GPUs ever"
"No one ever said 'advanced node' must be any specific number, can't it be some 'group' of numbers ?"
Keyword for RDNA3 : zen 2
https://twitter.com/davideneco25320/status/1290596572846338051

Associate
Ok so just incase RDNA2 bombs big time let's get the RDNA3 hype train started.:D:p:D
:D

"Rodney, this time next year we'll be millionaires"

From this I deduce that the older sisters are leaving the youngest sister on her own in November and that she's very frightened about being left alone with big green men.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so just incase RDNA2 bombs big time let's get the RDNA3 hype train started.:D:p:D

I wish them good luck all the same. I'll happily take the L on whatever I buy in Sept if it turns out that next year AMD just blows Nvidia out of the water & makes me buy their RDNA3 gpu.

Soldato
I really think people should not get their hopes High, its unrealistic to expect AMD to compete with NVIDIA, I seriously think an incremental closing of the gap every generation is all AMD can realistically hope for. Even more funding fro ryzens success takes time to translate to GPU performance.

If we get something that sits in between 3080Ti and 3080 for big navi, that would be a huge success in my books. Maybe next generation. NVIDIA has too much optimisation and design maturity for amd to catch up in 2 or 3 cycles. NVIDIA was not sleeping like intell.

I would love to be proven wrong but my main worry is now price, £1200 - £1300 for base bog standard 3080ti??

Soldato
Navi 21 PTT
"No orders for 2nd Gen Navi. Earliest launch November."
"No 2.5D type [i.e. HBM2] for 2nd Gen Navi"
"Now testing/examining 3rd Gen Navi, busy....
Took a look at the the layout
Erm, biggest revolution for GPUs ever"
"No one ever said 'advanced node' must be any specific number, can't it be some 'group' of numbers ?"
Keyword for RDNA3 : zen 2

https://twitter.com/davideneco25320/status/1290596572846338051

Could you translate this for people who don't understand jibberish?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I think although on paper the credentials point to double the CUs of 5700XT, reality wont be quite double the performance. So unless they are doing a two cores job like the 7990 or Fury X2 for the hail mary to compete with nvidia's king, realistically it will sit at about 15% better than a 2080ti with good power consumption. Then there will probably be a lighter version like the 5700 is to the XT which would match the 2080ti. That's about as likely as its going to be, anything more is a bonus.

Soldato
Double the number of better CUs though. Theoretically double the number of RDNA 1 CUs would top the 2080 Ti by 15-20%. If RDNA 2 is rocking a 17% IPC uplift then you're moving into Titan RTX territory with 80 CUs.

But then again, isn't that majorly conservative? How exactly is "+50% performance per watt" going to play out? Let's say AMD actually achieve it, that's going to give some crazy numbers. 5700 XT is 40 CUs at 225W, so 40 RDNA 2 CUs also at 225W give us 50% more performance. That's 10% stronger than the 2080 Ti. With only 40 CUs. And there's talk of 80 of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom