What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
The Fall is great and again showcases what a fantastic versatile actress Gillian Anderson is.

I never finished it though, they took ages to release season 3 and by the time it was all available to watch, I'd heard many unfavorable things.

I really should finish now it's all on Netflix, however as its been 6 years since I watched season 2, might be a good excuse for a rewatch.
I finished season 3 this morning. I haven't googled to see what others were saying about it but I thought it was brilliant. Gillian Anderson was, as you said, fantastic. As was Jamie Dorman, though I feel I now need to go and watch Fifty Shades to like him again :o (admittedly not the best film to watch considering there are some links to bits in The Fall but i at least know it has a happy ending :D)

I actually added the x files to my Amazon watchlist before starting The Fall (again another show I never watched before) so I'm looking forward to starting that :)

I seem to be going through a crime phase at the minute - unsolved mysteries, cold case files, cold case files classic, Jeffrey Epstein documentary, The Fall.. definitely finding that these types of shows hold my attention more at the moment.

Soldato
I seem to be going through a crime phase at the minute - unsolved mysteries, cold case files, cold case files classic, Jeffrey Epstein documentary, The Fall.. definitely finding that these types of shows hold my attention more at the moment.

Mindhunter should absolutely be on your list then, one of the best things to come from Netflix over last few years. Not sure if NF produced it or just took the rights, regardless, it's excellent.

It's essentially the 'true' story of the first FBI profilers.

Enjoy X-Files...I watched it during it's original run when I was in high school, did start a rewatch 2 years ago but it's dated terribly in the first season. That said it is an iconic show and anyone who enjoys scifi/mystery/horror should watch it.

Soldato
Finished season 2 of 2nd watch through of Justified last night. I've always had it in my top 5, if not top 3, but I don't feel it's as good the second time, much like Breaking Bad (which holds the top spot}. Still I remember Justified had a strong finish, so we'll see :)

Soldato
@secretspy, Unbelievable on Netflix is also pretty good, if you haven't seen it - a slow burning dramatisation of a real case, with some great performances.
If that's the one with the 2 detectives investigating the attacks on women (with Toni Collette) then I have seen that one. Definitely worth a watch :) I tend to go through the coming soon section on the Netflix app regularly and then get notified as soon as a show is added and watch it straight away :D

Soldato
Finished season 2 of 2nd watch through of Justified last night. I've always had it in my top 5, if not top 3, but I don't feel it's as good the second time, much like Breaking Bad (which holds the top spot}. Still I remember Justified had a strong finish, so we'll see :)

Ah man, don't say that, we've got 1 ep left of S1 before starting S2 and like you, it's my favourite season of the Justified run.

However I did mention last week on this thread that Justified is seemingly quite shallow on a rewatch, still entertaining of course and lots of fun but not as invested as I was originally.

In regards to Breaking Bad, i've watched it in it's entirety 3 times and it's so layered and nuanced I find more to enjoy each time I rewatch.

Caporegime
Cursed on Netflix
3/10

Could be really good, but it's not.
Acting in particular.
Not sure if gonna watch anymore of it. 4 episodes in

Vikings
Inital seasons 8/10
Later seasons 5/10

Was addicted in the beginning, but as of late there have been some dire episodes and mini story arcs. Watched it everyday initially. Now not really keen

Humans
9/10
Loved this. It wasn't perfect but near enough to think about 10/10 .
Great concepts, nicely acted , gets you thinking.
Watched it every day all way through .

Starting to struggle to find good content in the fantasy/historical fiction/Sci fi genes

I don't really like 'real life' type TV

Last edited:
Soldato
Vikings
Inital seasons 8/10
Later seasons 5/10

Was addicted in the beginning, but as of late there have been some dire episodes and mini story arcs. Watched it everyday initially. Now not really keen

I feel like Vikings peaked in season 2, 3 was decent enough then the quality has declined season on season since. I gave up mid way through S5, even getting that far was a slog.

Did you ever watch Spartacus...great bit of historic fantasy escapism.

In regards to sci-fi...assume you've watched The Expanse?

Caporegime
I feel like Vikings peaked in season 2, 3 was decent enough then the quality has declined season on season since. I gave up mid way through S5, even getting that far was a slog.

Did you ever watch Spartacus...great bit of historic fantasy escapism.

In regards to sci-fi...assume you've watched The Expanse?

Yeah I'm same point as you. And haven't watched for a couple of weeks. Completely agree on peak.
As much as I don't mind, why do the girls not age in this show! :D

Not watched spartacus.

The expanse.. I just need to look that up. But I think it might have been something I really didn't like

Edit.
Yep, the expanse. I just didn't get it. I dunno if there were to many characters but I kind of got lost after a few episodes. Friends loved it. Something in it didn't work for me

Soldato
@413x with regards to The Expanse...it seems a bit sprawling and meandering at the start with no clear direction. I personally had to restart S1 3 times before it stuck after being recommended to me over and over again. It's building world, characters and story slowly and organically without forcing anything.

I'd now class the Expanse as in the top 5 sci fi shows of all time, power through season 1 with no distractions as it becomes brilliant. It's not a show that you can have half an eye on while on the phone or doing something else, it really commands attention.

With Spartacus, it feels a bit like 300 at the start, over embellished fights and style but it's got some great casting and thoroughly entertaining. Ran for 3 seasons with the main show and 1 prequel series too. I think you would enjoy it.

Soldato
Battling through S2 of Ozark, quite good but its becoming a touch drab/silly. Plus virtually everyone is unlikeable, except Buddy.
I think most people, myself included found season 2 to drag on a bit. It does pick up in season 3

@SixTwoSix ooh yes I enjoyed Spartacus :D definitely worth a watch

There is also one on Netflix called Troy which I'm yet to watch but looks good

Soldato
I think most people, myself included found season 2 to drag on a bit. It does pick up in season 3

@SixTwoSix ooh yes I enjoyed Spartacus :D definitely worth a watch

There is also one on Netflix called Troy which I'm yet to watch but looks good

I'm a few episodes away from finishing Ozark S1, as already mentioned here, not really any likable characters to root for...in no hurry to carry on.

Are you on about the Troy movie with Brad Pitt? I wasn't a fan of that, felt a bit limp for me.

Soldato
I'm a few episodes away from finishing Ozark S1, as already mentioned here, not really any likable characters to root for...in no hurry to carry on.

Are you on about the Troy movie with Brad Pitt? I wasn't a fan of that, felt a bit limp for me.
To be fair if work colleagues hadn't kept raving about it I probably wouldn't have proceeded past season 2 of The Ozark

No it's a tv series called Troy Fall of a city. Looks like it was a BBC series now on Netflix. From what I briefly saw it has the same kind of feel as to how the Spartacus episodes were.

Soldato
However I did mention last week on this thread that Justified is seemingly quite shallow on a rewatch, still entertaining of course and lots of fun but not as invested as I was originally.

In regards to Breaking Bad, i've watched it in it's entirety 3 times and it's so layered and nuanced I find more to enjoy each time I rewatch.

Yeah, it almost seems a little simple compared to some shows I've seen since. Still a great show, amazing dialog, fantastic characters and great story line.

Maybe I'm not clever enough for BB :) I liked it the first time round partly because of the OMG moments, which obviously don't have the same effect when you know they're coming.

Soldato
Had nothing good(new) to watch for months, now Netflx is giving me loads all at once.

I wonder if anyone else will.

Soldato
After watching Hinterland a few weeks ago and enjoying the Welsh vibe just watched two series of Hidden. Even Welsher than Hinterland, as in some bits are in Welsh with subtitles. Good TV, excellent atmosphere and music.

Back
Top Bottom