One Plus Nord

Soldato
I was going to say, nothing in that 9to5Google article mentions data being sent back to Facebook, and at least you can disable those services.

This is what it says -

This method doesn’t leave Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, or other Facebook apps installed on your device permanently. You’re free to uninstall those, but the underlying Services, App Installer, and App Manager apps will remain installed as system apps that can be removed, only disabled.

With those apps installed and active, you might notice that updates for Facebook apps may come through that service instead of the Play Store. You may also notice that those services eat up little bits of data even while not in use, which is a tad concerning considering you don’t know what data is being sent back to Facebook.

you guys all use WhatsApp

I never said it was an issue. I also have Facebook installed.

Associate
So my sandstone bumper case and tempered glass screen protector arrived from OnePlus today. The case looks nice but apart from been a harder/stiffer material than the included free clear case I don't think it offers any more protection. It's very slim fitting, if I'd known I would have just kept using the freebie original case and waited for 3rd party case's to be released.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Yea i too using the freebie gel case. Didn't bother waith the Sandstone case. It's doing a job for the mean time. Just waiting on spigen or any other 3rd party case's to be released.

Associate
After using the Nord for the last few days I'm really loving it. The warp charge is brilliant, love how quickly I can go from flat to full and the screen is great, really smooth. Very happy :)

Soldato
Anyone have the OnePlus Buds? Thinking of getting these. Are they any good?

I bought the white ones a few days back. Over the past few years I've tried allsorts. Anker, Ticpods, Airpods, Oneplus Wireless Bullets, Samsung buds and now these.

IMHO the Samsung buds are just brilliant, they are the best out of all the ones I've tried, but the software side is awful. The oneplus buds actually surprised me with how good they are. Don't bother reading the reviews, they talk rubbish.

I really like them. They are almost as comfortable as the airpods, after wearing them for an hour, there was no discomfort but I could tell they were in my ears, whereas the airpods I had no idea. They are probably 95% as good a fit as the airpods, they are a tiny bit bigger, but obviously depends on your ears.

Soundiwse they are fine. They have clear mids and highs, the bass is plenty good enough without it distoring and they go loud to the point you don't need to go louder. The noise isolation is a bit better than the airpods, but nowhere near as good as the samsungs. Near a busy road you will hear traffic, but nowhere like as bad as the airpods.

The first few times I wore them I didn't get brillaint bass. I had to wiggle them around and then the bass really started the kick in. Good fit is important.

Case is lovely, soft touch plastic, which is far, far better than the horrible glossy "scratch plastic" apple case.

The touch controls are basic, but they work....everytime, which is what you want.

Most importantly, the bluetooth connectivity is as good as you'll get on android. They are a far cry from apples dedicated chips, but they connect first time and both pods stay connected. This is a big problem with wirless buds and pods, but these are absolutely fine.

I'd say they are a good buy at £79. I'm keeping them for sure. They are not perfect, but none of them are.

All things considered, these might actually be my number 1 wireless pods.

Last edited:

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Thanks for your input. I have seen few reviews, Some say its some say its alright. This will do me and will go nicely with my Nord.

For £79 you can't argue with that price. Don't wanna really wanna spend much. Did have a look at anker and aukey buds, again mixed reviews especially when it comes to calls.

Soldato
Thanks for your input. I have seen few reviews, Some say its some say its alright. This will do me and will go nicely with my Nord.

For £79 you can't argue with that price. Don't wanna really wanna spend much. Did have a look at anker and aukey buds, again mixed reviews especially when it comes to calls.

ah calls, forgot about that. Now that it good. I had a very long phone call yesterday on my 5 mile "time to get fit" walk. Traffic and wind noise was a bit of a pain, but it was very busy and I was walking right next to a dual carridgeway at the time, but they could clearly hear me so the mic must be good. Thinking about it, I only had to ask them to repeat themselves twice in the hour, so shows you how good they are.

for me, they are a 9/10. That missing point is the fitment. If it was slightly more apple like, it would be so much better....but I am nitpicking here. They are good, and for the price, I think really good value.

There are much more expensive wireless buds on the market, far worse than these!

Soldato
Buying Samsung Buds+ is risky anyway as there are some authentic looking fakes being sold. I’d avoid eBay and Amazon Marketplace and buy from Amazon themselves. The price at Amazon seems to go up and down.

I paid £ 90.82 ex VAT for mine and at the moment Amazon want £ 159 inc VAT but you’re pretty much guaranteed not to be supplied with fakes and if you were, dealing with Amazon would be a lot easier to return them.

Last edited:
Associate
For those who have lived with the phone for a few days, how are you finding it now the new phone effect has worn off? Still happy? What niggles you about it and what do you love?

Asking as I'm looking to replace my pixel 3 XL and this looks a good option. I simply don't want to buy a 'flagship' phone again!

Soldato
For those who have lived with the phone for a few days, how are you finding it now the new phone effect has worn off? Still happy? What niggles you about it and what do you love?

Asking as I'm looking to replace my pixel 3 XL and this looks a good option. I simply don't want to buy a 'flagship' phone again!

We have two nords and one 8 in the house. IMHO, it's quite simply brilliant.
I'm really impressed with it.

Back
Top Bottom