**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Not sure how it's misleading. Min specs are min specs, 720p low is still playing it.

Thanks for that. I think I will get it and use it to practise on the PMDG 777 since until recently I was employed as a 777/787 pilot. Full flights sims are running at around about 1500 euros per session per person, so this is just a bit cheaper!

Soldato
Thanks for that. I think I will get it and use it to practise on the PMDG 777 since until recently I was employed as a 777/787 pilot. Full flights sims are running at around about 1500 euros per session per person, so this is just a bit cheaper!

Sorry to hear that mate, team Nigel?

Soldato

You will be waiting a while, the PMDG 777 won't be released for a while yet.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Just remember fixed wing is just failed helicopter pilots. Same as F1 drivers are just failed motorcycle racers :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Absolutely the compensation may be better and the outward face being awesome, but deep down your soul is rotting :)

Soldato
If you are referring to London yes, that’s exactly right (as it stands) as bizarrely there is no 3D map data for bing of London... or in fact any of the U.K. as far as I’m aware. Although it’s a lot better done than base scenery in eg Xplane. Basically the AI is trying to recognise what is a building, tree, road, grass area etc from the 2D data and then populate it with more or less generic assets accordingly. I say more or less generic as with buildings for example it tries to match the footprint shape, recognise the type of building, materials, typical architecture for the area and for example if it sees eg a red roof it will put a red roof on it! So it is generic in the sense that it is just a sim created asset rather than a true representation of the real world, but it's so much better than typical autogen.

Where they have the 3D map data you get a much more accurate representation that holds up pretty well even up close. Fly around one of the photogrammetry cities and that feels truly “next gen”.

I don’t know if there is a reason why they don’t have any 3D mapping of the U.K., but one assumes in general the quality of some currently 2D mapped areas will improve over the 10yr lifecycle they were talking about as they incorporate mapping updates into the sim with their “world” updates.

There is for Southampton. If you have windows 10 load bing maps and have a look.

Associate
Has anyone who has had a pre-release copy seen how many cores it uses, is there any benefit in getting a processor with more cores

Soldato
Just a totally random task manager screenshot, nothing to do with FS2020 flying over central London.

jVFRtoE.png

Has anyone who has had a pre-release copy seen how many cores it uses, is there any benefit in getting a processor with more cores

It's not actually very cpu heavy at all. It spreads the load across the cores quite well though, unlike P3d and XP11 that load one core flat out and the rest doing a little.

I'd recommend an 8 core cpu as something that will last you well in any game for a few years.

Soldato
40% discounts for folk who already own the products but for another platform.

Things I gleaned from this is that there are potentially multiple companies vying for the same things here. They are also doing an Innsbruck, which already comes with the MS bundle. They are also doing London landmarks, which I'd imagine may be coveted by other third parties I guess. Could be interesting, but could mean the market is a bit of a jumble sale.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
40% discounts for folk who already own the products but for another platform.

Things I gleaned from this is that there are potentially multiple companies vying for the same things here. They are also doing an Innsbruck, which already comes with the MS bundle. They are also doing London landmarks, which I'd imagine may be coveted by other third parties I guess. Could be interesting, but could mean the market is a bit of a jumble sale.
Nice, I have one on X-Plane that I would buy for Flight Simulator 2020 :)

Soldato
I load it and I've installed the 3d plugin but all I can get is birds-eye view. You got the 3d working? :confused: ah I installed bing maps 3d off the Microsoft store.

Yeah I think I had to download the app from the store. If you switch to aerial and then on the right hand side you've got a tool for switching to 3d (just below the compass).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h668dcsbxh05x1d/ocuk.png?dl=0
ocuk.png

Associate
Someone a while back was asking about wildlife - obsidianant has a great video for that person whoever it was!

edit - @twoodster it was you!

It was! Thanks for that. Slightly disappointing though as I guess animals are only in select locations. Was kinda hoping birds etc would be everywhere. Can't have everything though I guess!

Back
Top Bottom