The Division 2 - March 2019

V F

V F

Soldato
Is there any room left in the clan?
I play most nights running Heroic/Legendaries as a maxed Healer or maxed Healer/Support build but grinding a few more builds in the meantime.
Game name is Toxile

Mmm! A healer on Legendary. I love those people as we're getting lasered by the White Tusks. More so Roosevelt from all the nade spam and Johnny 5s. Which is this weeks exotic mission.

Associate
Never a dull moment as an healer especially when randoms see they have an healer and then proceed to think they can face tank any mob be it Heroic or Legendary and then moan when you cant keep them up especially when they run glass cannon:p

V F

V F

Soldato
Aint that the truth. I've had so many wipes, quits from people face tanking. A dps can only do so much when 2 others or 3 are down when an army comes. They quit because you don't revive them.

I'm like bro, are you blind? There's 4 chungas, dogs/sniper dogs, grenadiers and smg guys all around you and you think I'm not going to die trying to revive you. Then they quit. Some quit as soon as they die.

If it's one thing it really cheeses me off with randoms is their lack of patience and no tactics. They think they can enter going all Rambo. Granted it's nice the randoms I've had that don't rush forward while I'm changing loadouts or getting into position working as a team.

However, I play Glass Cannon on my smg and AR builds in Heroics with all directives. Just not Legendary. Too much damage and lasering on Legendary. I usually go rifle or sniper dependant on the team.
Most times I've to dig out the sniper build because the team is getting rushed from all the ads, as it can get so messy.

The AR build results from last night with Glass Cannon on Heroic with 125% directives. My biggest weakness is bleeding out and fire. I'll die in an instant before the healing animation has finished but it's a risk I like taking for the damage.
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.08.06_-_07.05.33.99.png

Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.08.06_-_07.54.06.24.png

Last edited:
Associate
The AR build results from last night with Glass Cannon on Heroic with 125% directives. My biggest weakness is bleeding out and fire. I'll die in an instant before the healing animation has finished but it's a risk I like taking for the damage.

Holy crap, have you got a pic of the build on that Tidal Basin one? That's pretty epic!

Associate
The thing is though that you understand the implications of running GC and accept the change in playstyle. Most randoms don't take notice of the +60% increased incoming dmg, they only see the +30% increase in dmg output.
I run GC on my status effect build and you have to tailor your play style around GC which i notice some people cant adapt.

Associate
So before the expansion I was able to world tier 5, last night I decided to login and see how things were, thinking I’d be able to cope with heroic I upped the level and got trounced. Presumably I need to re-farm all my gear on challenging and then up the level? *should say I played through the exp so I am lv40.

Soldato
The thing with Heroic when walking around the world is that enemies cheat. You can stand face to face with an enemy pummelling him with Bullet King and they just heal themselves and/or fire back and one shot your armour and 99% of your health because apparently having a LMG peppering their face at point blank range has no effect on them, like it does on you. You ever tried to heal yourself when taking sustained fire? It's really immersive to see a bloke in jeans and a t-shirt take such damage and yet you, a heavily armoured and skilled agent, get wrecked in a single shot.

And don't get me started on the special pistols and subguns the enemies have that have a better range than a sniper rifle and are capable of hitting like a tank.

V F

V F

Soldato
Holy crap, have you got a pic of the build on that Tidal Basin one? That's pretty epic!
Yeah, I'll stick screenshots up of it in a few hours.

The thing is though that you understand the implications of running GC and accept the change in playstyle. Most randoms don't take notice of the +60% increased incoming dmg, they only see the +30% increase in dmg output.
I run GC on my status effect build and you have to tailor your play style around GC which i notice some people cant adapt.

Yeah, it took a while to get used to running Glass Cannon, I've still not fully mastered it but I'm getting there. I'm not running Perfect Glass Cannon though. Sometimes it gets hairy when they start surrounding you. I was doing a bounty last night from the snitch to find Cassie Mendoza, 3 Black Tusk bosses, 5 Warhounds, 2 heavy gunners with shock rounds and True Sons. It was in the open field part next to the Sink Hole Control Point. It was starting to feel hairy with 75% directives on Heroic. Had to sneak about the bushes, trucks, containers etc taking them out one at a time with the AR build. The Warhounds are so annoying but assault rifles wreck them.

Then another Chameleon dropped from the last boss for the bounty only to find Cassie Mendoza was closed.

So before the expansion I was able to world tier 5, last night I decided to login and see how things were, thinking I’d be able to cope with heroic I upped the level and got trounced. Presumably I need to re-farm all my gear on challenging and then up the level? *should say I played through the exp so I am lv40.

Yep, sadly level 30 gear became junk with Warlords. I kept one level 30 World Tier 5 agent to play with those that hasn't bought the expansion. I love my Nemesis build for level 30. It one shots bosses on Heroic. I found a purple chest and took the Headhunter talent off it for my gold chest. 8.3 million per headshot. It makes the Tac 50 feel so weak.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
The thing with Heroic when walking around the world is that enemies cheat. You can stand face to face with an enemy pummelling him with Bullet King and they just heal themselves and/or fire back and one shot your armour and 99% of your health because apparently having a LMG peppering their face at point blank range has no effect on them, like it does on you. You ever tried to heal yourself when taking sustained fire? It's really immersive to see a bloke in jeans and a t-shirt take such damage and yet you, a heavily armoured and skilled agent, get wrecked in a single shot.

And don't get me started on the special pistols and subguns the enemies have that have a better range than a sniper rifle and are capable of hitting like a tank.

The AI are dirty cheats. I was doing Heroic Invaded Lincoln Memorial a few nights ago. I got to one of the lower areas that is quite orangey/yellow murky looking with the metal stairs and square openings in the walls, I had to fall back up the stairs that I came down as there were two sniper dogs and a gunner dog. The rest of the Black Tusks had SMGs. So I would get lasered.

I saw the Black Tusks climbing up through the actual centre of the stairs like the living dead. One climbed the stairs right behind me and lasered me down. Once I got back up one was in front of me and he zapped me down. I could not believe what I witnessed.

Another player once said on Reddit, he watched a Legendary White Tusk Grenadier curve an incoming grenade to his friend.

Soldato
They certainly do cheat. I was doing an Heroic bounty last night and to get to the boss you had to go up a lift shaft on a cable. I cleared out the entire ground floor, went up the cable and got overwhelmed so decided to drop down the cable and see if I could lure them down. Well, I went down the cable and lured away. One came down the cable when I started firing, and as I was shooting him the others just teleported into the same room and killed me before I knew what was happening.

V F

V F

Soldato
Wait until you face 5 Rogues in District Union Arena. :D

As you come down to a basement part before all the weed, there is an elevator you drop down and that is where our group faced the rogues. They killed all of us with nowhere to go.

Associate
Wait until you face 5 Rogues in District Union Arena. :D

As you come down to a basement part before all the weed, there is an elevator you drop down and that is where our group faced the rogues. They killed all of us with nowhere to go.

3 times when I played the tombs rogues spawned in as you enter the lobby before reaching the outside part, every time my team seemed to get stuck and I was locked in there on my own with the rogues.

Soldato
You know what my current bugbear is, matchmaking and getting stuck with idiots that stand in front of you when you're firing and block all your shots, it's especially frustrating when you have Bullet King on the go. And it gets even worse if said idiots have shields.

Associate
You know what my current bugbear is, matchmaking and getting stuck with idiots that stand in front of you when you're firing and block all your shots, it's especially frustrating when you have Bullet King on the go. And it gets even worse if said idiots have shields.

thats drives me crazy, there was a spell where it seemed like everyone was using the shield.

V F

V F

Soldato
thats drives me crazy, there was a spell where it seemed like everyone was using the shield.

That was the meta. Shield and M1a/Baker's Dozen. As much as I love the M1a for fun casual missions, it's so slow when mobs start rushing the team. When that happens I've always to switch to AR or the SMG builds.

Associate
That was the meta. Shield and M1a/Baker's Dozen. As much as I love the M1a for fun casual missions, it's so slow when mobs start rushing the team. When that happens I've always to switch to AR or the SMG builds.

Are SMG viable now, I haven't played much recently, but they always seemed to be pretty garbage when I tried them.

Man of Honour
If it's one thing it really cheeses me off with randoms is their lack of patience and no tactics. They think they can enter going all Rambo. Granted it's nice the randoms I've had that don't rush forward while I'm changing loadouts or getting into position working as a team.

This is why in TD1 I usually ended up on legendary/heroics using my min/maxed turret + support station reclaimer build - combined with full set of 4% damage to elites, etc. it was pretty deadly and could drag others through the map and keep you from wiping due to the AI shenanigans/bugs. You can't really do similar in TD2 which is another reason I didn't bother with it. (Downside was it had low health so if you ended up in the open facing a lot of foes you were ******).

Soldato
Just last night was running Heroic Roosevelt Island, matchmaking with randoms, and had the full trifecta. One SHD Lv.34 who just did nothing but die, another was the aforementioned div with a shield who blocks you and the third thought he Rambo and could just run into all the sections alone and survive - he couldn't. Needless to say we wiped, right at that section where you come up out of the tunnel just before the final room.

V F

V F

Soldato
Are SMG viable now, I haven't played much recently, but they always seemed to be pretty garbage when I tried them.

They are now. Very, they're deadly. I've taken my SMG build into Legendary, only problem is with SMG on Legendary is I run out of ammo so fast. Just about every build is viable in the game now.

Dark Winter melts them on Heroic. With one clip, it'll take out two Elites and a Named. SIG MPX/Safety Distance is a great gun as well as the CMMG Banshee. The Vector's are very powerful as well. I usually use the smaller Vector on ads with health only since it has a smaller clip. Up Close and Personal is the talent I use on the SMGs.

Just last night was running Heroic Roosevelt Island, matchmaking with randoms, and had the full trifecta. One SHD Lv.34 who just did nothing but die, another was the aforementioned div with a shield who blocks you and the third thought he Rambo and could just run into all the sections alone and survive - he couldn't. Needless to say we wiped, right at that section where you come up out of the tunnel just before the final room.

Was it the Normal Roosevelt or Invaded?

Sounds like Invaded as the hole can be nasty on Legendary with the grenadiers spamming the team back into the hole in the grass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom