**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
First flight, take-off not a big deal but landing is a bit of a beast lol. Did well I think! Flew around my local area as we have a small airport here in the Solent and flew around my old workplace in Gunwharf. Pretty sweet seeing all this!

Game detected my system as high-end at 3440x1440 but I dropped res to 2560x1080 in order to slide up the details slightly more. I do notice at the start the fps dips slightly until things get moving. nVidia game optimised drivers not yet installed however.

Soldato
First flight, take-off not a big deal but landing is a bit of a beast lol. Did well I think! Flew around my local area as we have a small airport here in the Solent and flew around my old workplace in Gunwharf. Pretty sweet seeing all this!

Game detected my system as high-end at 3440x1440 but I dropped res to 2560x1080 in order to slide up the details slightly more. I do notice at the start the fps dips slightly until things get moving. nVidia game optimised drivers not yet installed however.

I was disappointed Monster Mick's wasn't there, can't believe they missed such an iconic landmark :eek::D

Soldato
Lost patience with this for today. The download finished. But the game crashes every time I load it up. Driver update made no difference on that front.

Given how long it takes to load the game up, I'll try again tomorrow.

Don

What spec is your PC mate?

Soldato
Went for the Game Pass option as it's cheapest and will judge afterwards if I want to plump up money.

I've has a right time with trying to install this tonight. PC hasn't had windows updates in an age, which prevented Game Pass installing. Updated and BSOD all over the place. Reinstalled OS and then I was getting weird Xbox Game Pass crashes and then mfplat.dll missing errors. Sorted it by installing windows media pack.

Way too late now, so left it downloading the 91GB.

Am concerned how my 4470K, 16GB RAM and 980ti will run this at 4K, i'm going to have to drop the resolution, but I just hate running at non native resolutions. I can see it being a slideshow!

Soldato
Just started downloading this got the £1 game pass offer, will be running on high clocked 5700xt on 1440p monitor

Searched to see what FPS cards are getting but can't find anything guess it's because its just released

Soldato
Damn... I've read all the comments and I've tested it some more... I think it's gotta be my CPU that's the problem?

My PC is stuttering far too much on 1440P at Lowest Settings - CPU getting maxxed out :p

I think I gotta face facts... I gotta do some upgrading... My wallet does not abide.

Back
Top Bottom