• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
giphy.gif

You forget who is releasing these cards :p.

Expensive cooler, expensive memory, expensive 7nm large die. MOAR Raytracing. I’d be very surprised if they lower prices by that much especially with no competition.

Even 2070S WITH competition was £499. Original 2070 was £599 (apparently).

3070 won't have an expensive cooler or memory, nor will it be on a big die. It will only have 8gb too and for 2020 (nearly 2021) that is got to be very cheap now compared to 2+ years ago.

£1000 is burning a hole in my pocket and I hope I can buy something better than a 3070 with it :D
I await the prices, I bet I will be a lot closer than you will ;)

I hope so anyway, for all our sakes :D

Associate
Made £1,500 profit from nvidia shares last month so they will be buying the card for me. Luck more than judgement, just figured they have no competition and increased use of GPUs in servers and autonomous vehicles.

It's Expensive and 3090 obviously poor value for money when compared to performance of the lower tier cards. However, they have shareholders to answer to (not me anymore) they will deliver the price to maximise profit. Ultimately, us thinking it's expensive or not worth it doesn't matter.

I skipped the 2080 ti and am on a 200 hz 1440p monitor so really looking forward to it.

Caporegime
'tis why I didn't buy one. And £/perf will be my measure for this series too. Quite happy with a £1400 card if it delivers £1400 of performance.

Yeah £/perf sucked for the 2080ti (and yes I have 2 of them but only paid half price second hand, 3 months old for them) and if it wasnt for the fact I got these so cheaply, I would have never have upgraded from the 1080ti gen.

Caporegime
Made £1,500 profit from nvidia shares last month so they will be buying the card for me. Luck more than judgement, just figured they have no competition and increased use of GPUs in servers and autonomous vehicles.

It's Expensive and 3090 obviously poor value for money when compared to performance of the lower tier cards. However, they have shareholders to answer to (not me anymore) they will deliver the price to maximise profit. Ultimately, us thinking it's expensive or not worth it doesn't matter.

I skipped the 2080 ti and am on a 200 hz 1440p monitor so really looking forward to it.
Not a criticism of you (hate the game, not the player, etc) but this is why nV have to maintain 60%+ profit margins. Shareholders, yo.

Shareholders can drive a company to the verge of madness, thinking not of their customers nor their employees, but the eternal quest to keep the shareholders happy.

Examples abound in the real world.

https://qz.com/work/1560079/maximizing-shareholder-profits-is-a-great-way-to-destroy-humanity/

e: Can't say I agree with the anti-automation angle of that article tho. It is the future. But the drive to please shareholders above all else is making businesses irrational.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom