• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Looks like my 2080Ti is staying with me a while longer then. I’ll for sure be waiting for reviews for both cards but the only meaningful upgrade looks like the 3090 and I don’t know if I want to be forking £1500+ out for one. Very well specd card though.

Nice to see nvidia finally releasing cards at proper prices again $699 for 3080 was far cheaper than I was expecting.

Soldato
I'm sure Nvidia has a 3080Ti design ready to go in case AMD beats the 3080, but I get the impression that they made an effort to come out of the gate with a great offer.

If this holds true in independent benchmarks, Nvidia will probably get my money this gen.

Soldato
Any one one notice what he said about the IO performance e of next gen games?

The GPU has some special sauce to help here.

still need to know if we are OK with PCI-E3 nvmes or we need PCI-E4 to get the most out of it.

Soldato
The amount of people "chuffed" that the top card is now £1500. Have I missed something? You've all been played! The top card 4 years ago was £799!! It's horrible price increases!

The 3080 and 3070 are actually a little better than I feared. Not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom