Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Looks like they identified a suspect for the Birmingham stabber
No, but they have released footage and described them as a young Somali man.

I was threatened with a gun by a Somalian lad from the city centre about 3 months back, he wasn't the most stable of my acquaintances!

Caporegime
No, but they have released footage and described them as a young Somali man.

I was threatened with a gun by a Somalian lad from the city centre about 3 months back, he wasn't the most stable of my acquaintances!

This guy was apparently asking people for cigarettes and if they didn't have any he stabbed them. Definitely not very mentally stable.

Caporegime
Great misrepresentation :rolleyes:Accurately reported by The Guardian.

Same point again... this was a loving stabbing then???? Get a grip man...

As an out of context caption for a video it is a silly one, it doesn't matter that the quote was an accurate snippet... way to completely miss the point/not engage brain stockhausen...

Caporegime
Ad nauseam, ad infinitum. Does it ever become boring to keep rushing for that dopamine hit? Sigh. For the sake of balance though I will waste my time, it's obvious what the title is saying as the police define hate in a narrow and specific manner. The pertinent question is really whether or not the statement is accurate, since considering the mess the media got themselves into with the Glasgow Hotel kerfuffle (which went all the way up to 'sources' at Whitehall)... I'm not sure I'd be so quick to trust it in any case.

Though to take this further for the sake of discourse, does every criminal hate their victims? Does a robber hate the person they rob? Does a burglar hate the person the burgle? Most of the time it's probably accurate as most victims know the person/people who attack them, but even then is it always a matter of hatred? I wouldn't say so, it defy's the complexity of the human condition to say that every crime must be based on some form of hatred, plenty of other motivations exist that have little to do with hating someone.

Last edited:
Soldato
The fact that race hate or other stereotypical causes may be used to exacerbate the offence does not mean that the perceived lack of such motive should be used in an article that maybe it is not so serious or that maybe he did not really intend to harm anyone. He has put at least one innocent in the ground and caused great harm and suffering to several others. If found guilty he should get a serious sentence.

Soldato
Does it really matter at this stage what it was motivated by? Does it really make any difference? We have yet another death, 6 injured and another lengthy cost to the tax payer assuming he is caught. Probably followed by a lengthy and expensive deportation process. And for what?

Associate
Looks like they identified a suspect for the Birmingham stabber

Screenshot-20200906-200435-Chrome.jpg

This really upset me yesterday. I read about this story yesterday morning on BBC but there was no mention of who they were looking for. In the car at 4pm on the news there was still no mention of what the person looked like so members of the public weren't able to either watch out for or avoid the man who stabbed these people. They did interview a lady who had witnessed it though but no mention of what he looked like other than him being male. I come home and it's only on the evening news that they have released his picture. I said to my girlfriend earlier on in the morning that he would be from an ethnic background hence the reason for not reporting on appearance. They have put the British public at risk for race relations in my opinion. If there were eyewitness reports that a news agency had access to them surely the police did as well. How long to gain access to CCTV of the local area when there is a manhunt going on? 18 hours? I think not. This country is really upsetting me at the moment. They have not released the victims race yet. But if they are white does that make this a hate crime instantly? As that is what the left are trying to do with every ethnic killing by a white individual.

I was born and brought up in South Africa. The dream there was for people to not see or report on race. We were one nation. This never came to be and the country is as racist as ever. It was so refreshing to move to England in 2006. The country was very tolerant. The best person for the job and newspapers reported on facts and didn't pander to political correctness.

My girlfriend was brought up in Essex in a very multi cultural area. She says she honestly never noticed race until she was older and it was forced on her. At university she wasn't able to apply for the same grants as her friends because she was white. She was accepted into a university in London that was predominantly black. She had a terrible time and had to leave due to racism and hatred for her being white.

I don't know the answers but there was no better time to be from an ethnic background in the UK in the early 2000s and it all seems to going going on a steady downhill.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . .
In the car at 4pm on the news there was still no mention of what the person looked like so members of the public weren't able to either watch out for or avoid the man who stabbed these people.
. . .
I come home and it's only on the evening news that they have released his picture.
. . .
I take it that you have a radio in the car, not a TV.

What "description" do you feel was missing in the radio broadcast; height, weight, clothing, colour of hair and eyes :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom