Be Quiet 500DX

Soldato
It looks nice in white:

diipk8Q.jpg

6W8Wy9f.jpg

I swapped the fans for the white Shadow Wings 2 PWM, pretty much the same spec as the originals, but in keeping with the colour scheme.

(ignore the terrible state of the carpet, my cat likes to sleep agains the wall there and the room needs decorating badly, I just haven't found the time :p)

Soldato
Really? Maybe I'm confusing it with another case, but I thought reviews said you can cycle through a few modes/colours via the button near the front I/O.

My bad - I misread that as "I like that you can do something like that with the case's lighting"... I blame the 3 hours of sleep and not enough coffee :p

Yes, you can cycle through a few modes/colours with the button on the top :)

Associate
Can someone with a 500DX to me a favour and check if my motherboard would fit inside?

Official suport for largest size is ATX but my motherboard is slightly wider.

Standard ATX = 30.5 x 24.4cm

My board = 30.5 x 26.4cm

It think it might work looking at the pictures in this thread, just looking for confirmation.

Associate
Mine came today, i have ordered a h100i RGB Platinum but i couldnt wait! So transferred all over read to put the new cooler on when it arrives!

Unsure what RGB to go for but a really nice case! Only tip, which is probably a total idiot thing not to do, is to intstall the cpu 8pin cable before you screw the motherboard in. Was a bit tight for space.

I am thinking of putting the rgb cooler master fan, when the aio arrives,under the psu shroud blowing to the GPU, maybe only at 300rpm, just for aesthetics more than anything

Lovely case though and really happy with it.

Time to test temperatures now!

zQBkRSE.jpg
fqhDH99.jpg
VtMHbuj.jpg
MWsOq3S.jpg

Associate
Under Prime95/Furmark :
Vega 56 = 75 degrees, hotspot 91 degrees
Ryzen 3600 = 84 degrees

Gaming:
Vega 56 = 72 degrees, hotspot 88 degrees
Ryzen 3600 = 76 degrees.

I do have a corsair h100I Platinum on the way so hopefully that will bring temps down on cpu, also the 140mm fan in the roof will then go in the front which should lower GPU a touch, bear in mind vega runs hot anyway!

Was also thinking, the coolermaster RGB fan to go under the psu shroud, blowing into the gpu at a silent 300rpm (Mainly for looks tbh)

Back
Top Bottom