Energy Suppliers

Soldato
worth checking anyone else out?
green will probably be my destination, following earlietr discussions ... I don't have an ev, and variable tarifs during meal times would be painful.

still going fine for him
've recently jumped ship from Utility Point to Green and I've had no issues so far. If you ever need to speak with them, their live chat is available from 7am-11pm every day, including Sunday - not bad in my opinion.

My prices have gone down by almost 5%. While not much, Utility Point wanted to charge me a little more, so I thought that was the right time to jump ship rather than line somebody's pockets.

Soldato
Had a similar email, but higher than that still. I’m £95 in credit and using about £70/month and they also want to increase my DD to £115. Octopus 12month fix is cheaper and even their flexible one so will be switching this weekend.

worth checking anyone else out?

My prices in London, I’m going to have to use a shedload of gas saving 1/3rd of a penny for that to mean anything :

That's not even shaving 1/3rd of a penny, more like 3% of a penny.

Soldato
Funnily enough I also had the bulb price rise email.
Also trying to up my direct debit to a ridiculous amount despite being in credit.
Went through money saving experts service and now switching to Pure Planet.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
That's not even shaving 1/3rd of a penny, more like 3% of a penny.

Sorry yes you are quite right! 3% of a penny...

green will probably be my destination, following earlietr discussions ... I don't have an ev, and variable tarifs during meal times would be painful.

still going fine for him

might check green out then as well, what’s their website? Google is giving me a few providers called green (not being lazy, just on mobile at mo).

Soldato
yes - green options, left, versus bulb ...... just need to check on upcoming green increases. - cambridgeshire

50355727592_ba230fa178_c_d.jpg

edit: suppose I will ring bulb and demand £50 first, if they want me to stay -strategy worked before.

Soldato
I got the email, but as in process of moving can't be bothered with a move to another service for now. They also put my DD up to £85 from £50 as I have only £80 left of credit from before where I had about £200

Soldato
yes - green options, left, versus bulb ...... just need to check on upcoming green increases. - cambridgeshire

50355727592_ba230fa178_c_d.jpg

edit: suppose I will ring bulb and demand £50 first, if they want me to stay -strategy worked before.

No incentives for Avro but the prices were pretty good so I've gone to them for the next 12 months.

TC4tRuI.png

Associate
i went with ESB Energy a few months back I think I switched just as they said oil prices has hit an all time low but it was also just before the then announced they were going to slow down production to stop the price tanking but I had switched by then.

So, 12.20p for leccky and 2.30p for gas (the leecky standing charge is almost double the gas one but I can easily handle that with the higher usage. I am using about 800kw a month or so it does work out cheaper to pay a higher standing charge for the slighty cheaper rate.

Soldato
I'd recommend Octopus Energy
Looking again - Octopus don't seem to be updating their spreadsheets to see past weeks through covid ? https://octopus.energy/agile/#what-does-it-cost stopped in feb.

seem multiple comments of expense over last little while capped 35pkwh over 3hr window https://www.speakev.com/threads/octopus-agile.147169/page-43
because, of weather, low carbon options less productive

interesting, though, https://www.edfenergy.com/energy/power-station/daily-statuses

Soldato
Are the cheap overnight octopus rates any good for other electricals, than ev's.. (don't use a clothes dryer or wash >30c)
should I be getting an electric storage boiler, or whatever the government plans to replace gas boilers with, heat pumps. ?

A power wall is probably too expensive to ask Santa for.

Caporegime
E-ONs latest is competitive on kWh rate but only 9.5p/ day standing charge for each fuel. Just switched to them from Scottish Power, ideal for low users.

Back
Top Bottom