Man sends banana to black mans table in Wetherspoons pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Racism has always and will likely always exist unfortunately, imo it really doesn't help the way the corporate media today obsess about it and blow stories like this involving one idiot all out of proportion. A few decades ago when they reported on real news rather than trying to manipulate the masses such a story wouldn't have been reported on and community cohesion/race relations as a whole would be much better.

Capodecina
Soldato
Racism has always and will likely always exist unfortunately, imo it really doesn't help the way the corporate media today obsess about it and blow stories like this involving one idiot all out of proportion. A few decades ago when they reported on real news rather than trying to manipulate the masses such a story wouldn't have been reported on and community cohesion/race relations as a whole would be much better.
Yeah, everything was better when we were young ;)

Soldato
Amazed there is a 27 page discussion on this.

Guy sent a banana to a black guy signfying hes a monkey, was found guilty.....end of story. How can there be more to it than that..

Caporegime

As will sexism, being ageist, heightist, leftist rightist and so on...

Caporegime
And yet racism is quite happy with its morons spreading its message. Go figure.

You are ignoring that its racists that caused the BLM movement and lack of government interaction over environmental issues lead to Extinction Rebellion.

The white supremacists are really bad at their job if they are killing 2x as many white people compared to blacks.

people on both sides want to create a divide is what I'm talking about.

I'm sure BLM did nothing for racism but set it back 20 years

BLM have killed more people in 2 months than the police did in a whole year. They don't care about black lives.

Guy sent a banana to a black guy signfying hes a monkey, was found guilty.....end of story. How can there be more to it than that..

Because not everyone supports a police state...

Last edited:
Caporegime
. A few decades ago when they reported on real news rather than trying to manipulate the masses such a story wouldn't have been reported on and community cohesion/race relations as a whole would be much better.

This could not be further from the truth.

Soldato

Utter twaddle.
A few decades ago people used to drive around the streets throwing bananas a black folks.
Madness than anyone in this thread doesn't see this as an utterly racists thing to do, and that it should eb punished.
Madness than anyone thinks it is a waste of police time to investigate,

Caporegime

Indeed, quite mind blowing but then it’s GD so it’s par for the course so to speak.

It was a racist gesture it’s as simple as that but too many people in here convoluting the whole subject with stupid petty points. I’m not even sure what people are arguing for or against anymore lol.

Caporegime
But I do wonder if the same outcry would be in effect if someone sent an Irishman a potato for example? The person could easily be as equally offended and upset and it certainly can be taken as offensive in the same way as sending a banana is to a black person. I’ll give you a clue it wouldn’t.

there seems to be a train of thought in society overall that racism only flows in one direction but it goes in all directions and nothing is said, try being an English person and Living in certain parts of Scotland, then you’ll experience true racism, utterly vile behaviour goes on up here each and every day but I don’t see any backlash against that now

Indeed, we are seeing the news and groups like BLM stoke racial divisions with their identity politics in some demographics and not others resulting in some groups being encouraged to adopt a victimhood mentality.

Whereas most normal people would just move on with their day we now encouraging people to become traumatised and involve the police with trivial incidents like this.

Utter twaddle.
A few decades ago people used to drive around the streets throwing bananas a black folks.
Madness than anyone in this thread doesn't see this as an utterly racists thing to do, and that it should eb punished.
Madness than anyone thinks it is a waste of police time to investigate,

Yes madness that someone could possibly have a different opinion on something. Why am I always seeing the more authoritarian types unable to accept divergent opinions?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes madness that someone could possibly have a different opinion on something. Why am I always seeing the more authoritarian types unable to accept divergent opinions?

You aren't, you tend to confuse people pointing out people lying or making things up with being unable to accept an opinion.

Caporegime
Indeed, quite mind blowing but then it’s GD so it’s par for the course so to speak.

It was a racist gesture it’s as simple as that but too many people in here convoluting the whole subject with stupid petty points. I’m not even sure what people are arguing for or against anymore lol.

Basically if someone is being racist you aren't allowed to actually say they are a racist otherwise you are using the racist card and that's not allowed anymore because that's all BAME people do is use the race card.

Another race thread on ocuk who would have guessed? Will next week be anti immigrants or anti black lives matter?

Caporegime
Basically if someone is being racist you aren't allowed to actually say they are a racist otherwise you are using the racist card and that's not allowed anymore because that's all BAME people do is use the race card.

Another race thread on ocuk who would have guessed? Will next week be anti immigrants or anti black lives matter?

You must have been reading a different thread to me.

Most people here are against BLM if you haven't already seen the threads, that's because they don't care about black lives and hate white people, not because OCUK hates black people...

Caporegime
You must have been reading a different thread to me.

Most people here are against BLM if you haven't already seen the threads, that's because they don't care about black lives and hate white people, not because OCUK hates black people...
Most people? Are you sure? Or do you mean the usual, predictable, and loud posters are focusing on the admittedly less savoury parts of BLM and ignoring everything else? I bet that you could give most regular forum users the chance to list 5 of that type of poster and most lists would contain the same names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom