• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just received my confirmation order as well, and I ordered at 17:54 on the 17th.

According to the unofficial queue counter, I’m 1177 for my TUF. Let’s hope we have 1000 or so inpatient sods on here cancel over the next week ;)

Associate
Please no more posts on those order confirmation emails. I ordered another card today and received that confirmation instantly vs the one ordered on 17th which arrived only just now...

Associate
I'm conflicted now, do I preorder and wait, or wait to see what is developing ? Overclockers is a good place to buy usually, so can't see anywhere else getting stock any quicker.

Associate
I doubt it. The price of the 3080 is what most would consider expensive for a GPU already. That and the value of the 3090 as in the money performance ratio is a lot less compared to say the 3080 or the upcoming 3070.

Probably, though I suspect Nvidia and other manufactures will produce far fewer 3090s than 3080s/70s to compensate for perceived 'lower demand'. Will likely still be a huge rush.

Associate
Just creating work for themselves as the customer service department is going to be bombarded!

Not necessarily, there were loads of people like myself who had been charged and had the order appear on our account but hadn't recieved any confirmation, so finally getting one would actually save a lot of people like myself calling up to make sure I actually did have an order confirmed (which I was intending to do at some point personally)

Associate
I'm conflicted now, do I preorder and wait, or wait to see what is developing ? Overclockers is a good place to buy usually, so can't see anywhere else getting stock any quicker.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

Roughly translated into GPU speak…
"The best time to order the RTX 3080 was last Thursday. The second best time is now."

Associate
Not necessarily, there were loads of people like myself who had been charged and had the order appear on our account but hadn't recieved any confirmation, so finally getting one would actually save a lot of people like myself calling up to make sure I actually did have an order confirmed (which I was intending to do at some point personally)

Probably still try to order one and keep whichever comes earliest and cancel the other. hopefully less ps5 peasant traffic this week also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom