What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I picked it up after a very patient wait.

dsadsa.jpg

Ducati Multistrada 1260 S GT with full titanium Termignoni race exhaust system (and mapping), top box. So far I've put in a throttle spacer (I had ethrottles with play in them), Evotech GPS mount with a quad lock adapter. This weekend I'll fit the Evotech tail tidy and get some mileage under her belt to get me to the 1km service.

The backfires from the quick shifter are just... Epic!

Tea Drinker
Don
BMW gave me a r1250rs as a loaner, hated it to start with little clip on type bars, hunched forward with my legs doubled up to get to the pegs. An hour later and I was really enjoying it :p not a long term consideration for me but quite fun. One of the 7 bikes I’d have if I had the lotto win.

Can’t understand the dealer fitter akrapovics though, barely louder than standard and quite pricy.

Soldato
Sounds fun, nice bike that.

Got the oil and filter change done on the CB, had one at 600 miles and the second is meant to be 8000 miles or one year later but i'm only at 3500 miles fourteen months after last, out the way now.

Soldato
Anyone got any cleaning tips? The bike has been off the road for 3.5 years so I've not done it in a while. It was reasonably clean but I've since been out in the rain and there is a layer of grime on the wheels and exhaust. Can I use washing up liquid or is car shampoo stuff better? I've got some Scottoiler anti-corrosion stuff so I'll put a layer of that on after.

Man of Honour
Anyone got any cleaning tips? The bike has been off the road for 3.5 years so I've not done it in a while. It was reasonably clean but I've since been out in the rain and there is a layer of grime on the wheels and exhaust. Can I use washing up liquid or is car shampoo stuff better? I've got some Scottoiler anti-corrosion stuff so I'll put a layer of that on after.
Don't use washing up liquid it's full of salt, any cheap car shampoo will do. If it's proper sticky grime then some WD40 on a rag and wipe it down first then shampoo it.

Associate
Why the hell have they converted it to a twin shock!?

I mean there's a lot of whys to those pics I know :D

Brother messaged me earlier about a 350YPVS (86 N model) that is up for sale by someone he knows, £8k... yikes

Sold mine for £1600 in '91. Hindsight and all that. Would love another stroker, especially turning 50 next year, I want to relive me yoof :D

Back
Top Bottom